News Annual Passholder Park Pass Reservation Change

Dad 2 M & M

Pretty sure you can still visit MK on the weekends with the AP, you just still need to make a reservation.
As long as your AP blackout(s) allow....Correct....comment was referring to Hopping as you have to tap at your ressie Park before Hopping to another after 2:00

Last edited:

Kamikaze

As long as your AP blackout(s) allow....Correct....comment was referring to Hopping as you have to tap at your ressie Park before Hopping to another after 2:00
I assume this will no longer be the case for APs after 2:00. Wouldn't make sense. You could just drop your reservation and go wherever.

Dad 2 M & M

I assume this will no longer be the case for APs after 2:00. Wouldn't make sense. You could just drop your reservation and go wherever.
With the change it seems obvious you don’t have to have a Park ressie to enter any Park after 2:00, but still not sure IF you have a Park Ressie you STILL have to tap in to Park with said ressie before Hopping?

Kamikaze

With the change it seems obvious you don’t have to have a Park ressie to enter any Park after 2:00, but still not sure IF you have a Park Ressie you STILL have to tap in to Park with said ressie before Hopping?
I can't see how you would need to. If they're 'open' then they're open.

Dad 2 M & M

I can't see how you would need to. If they're 'open' then they're open.
You have to tap in now before you Hop to another Park….and they’re open......and on Saturday/Sunday at MK you'll still need either a Park ressie for MK or another Park, tap in and then Hop after 2:00

Last edited:

SingleRider

Premium Member
You have to tap in now before you Hop to another Park….and they’re open......and on Saturday/Sunday at MK you'll still need either a Park ressie for MK or another Park, tap in and then Hop after 2:00
So if you tap in at AK on Saturday or Sunday after 2pm without a reservation, you can go to MK?

Dad 2 M & M

So if you tap in at AK on Saturday or Sunday after 2pm without a reservation, you can go to MK?
Never considered if going to another Park after 2:00 on Saturday/Sunday would allow one to Hop over to MK

...see pasted below for this website:

Beginning April 18 2023, Walt Disney World Annual Passholders will be able to visit the theme parks after 2pm without needing a park reservation, except on Saturdays and Sundays at Magic Kingdom Park.

Here is what it says on my APP:

Walt Disney World Annual Passholders: Park reservation requirements will be relaxed for visits after 2 p.m. starting April 18
While the theme park reservation system remains important to manage attendance in our parks, especially on busier days, we have heard our Passholders tell us that they would like to enjoy more spontaneous visits. Starting April 18, 2023, Walt Disney World Annual Passholders may visit the theme parks after 2 p.m. without needing a park reservation, except on Saturdays and Sundays at Magic Kingdom Park. Pass blockout dates will continue to apply like they do today.

So it only states the MK exception; not really clear if an MK specific ressie is needed, or if current Hopping rule would apply?

Dad 2 M & M

And my big question is how is G+ going to work under this new scheme?

What do you mean? It works the same, what would need to be different?

My guess is that they will allow purchasing of G+ and ride bookings after 2pm without a reservation, similar to how park hopping works today. But that depends on Disney IT.
Wonder if Genie+ after 2 without Park ressie will be at an attractive price?

DisneyCane

I doubt it. I'm sure they'll just make it that after 2 PM (likely a few minutes earlier) you get a green light as long as you have a pass that is valid on that day with no interaction with the reservation system. Either that or automatically set the valid reservation flag for every query after that time.

Dad 2 M & M

It will be the exact same as the price for that day.
We’ll go with that….

Currently a single day ticket is more $$$ for MK than any other Park, and when the new plan takes hold, MK is the only Park I (as an AP) have restrictions after 2:00 on Saturday/Sunday

Everything else is exact

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom