Dining Promo Card with Walt Disney World resort hotel bookings for summer 2023

dreday3

So no promos out for May or a majority of June then?

That’s what I’m curious about - seems to be they are skipping over some months of any kind of promo

Maybe... (also, there is still the Disney Visa promo that goes through April I think)

Dave B

Does anyone know if there is a minimum person per room? So if we got two rooms with two people in each room would we get a $750 gift card for each room if we had gone deluxe and the right time dates?

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Does anyone know if there is a minimum person per room? So if we got two rooms with two people in each room would we get a $750 gift card for each room if we had gone deluxe and the right time dates?
No but it has a 4 day ticket, 4 night minimum requirement.

Pam

esskay

Personal opinion only, but I feel like the lack of DDP deal is linked to the limited capacity in TSRs. Even 60 days out, it's almost impossible to get good dining reservations. If I paid for the deluxe dining package and couldn't get most of the TSR reservations I wanted, I'd be pretty upset. At least with this, Disney can still argue that you can get the full value of the gift card from QSRs and snacks (with no perceived expectations of using it all at TSRs).
That would probably explain why everythings still being given a snack credit label on all new menus still too. They're presumably waiting for the inevitable drop in demand, at which point it can be brought back almost overnight.

Patcheslee

Ended up with a 25% off room for June 17-27th at CBR, previous package 10 day hopper plus water parks, 3 adults, memory maker and travel insurance. 6336.19, now 5799.67= 536.52 Covers a few days of meals for us.

allgiggles

As usual, those guests staying in a suite at AoA get lumped in with the Value resort level of the promo when the suites cost as much as a standard room at a Deluxe resort. I just checked availability and I think nearly every Deluxe resort had standard rooms available for the same price (or less!!) than a suite at AoA for the dates of this promotion. We still prefer the convenience of having 2 bathrooms in our room (we have 2 late teen/early 20s daughters...need I say more???) rather than being in a standard room so I would still book the suite over a standard room. We could technically book 2 rooms at a value resort for less money than a suite, which would double the amount of the dining gift card, but I don't understand why the suites don't get the same level of promo as the Deluxe (or at least the moderate) resorts. We're not making a trip to Disney this year, but if we were, I'd be hoping for a different discount to come out for our travel dates. This is about a 7% discount on the suites. The worst discount we've ever gotten on a suite in the last 10 years was 10%...most of the discounts were closer to 25%.

dmw

In the Parks
No
I find it interesting that this promo is still using the Value/Moderate/Deluxe hotel categories. Pre-Covid there were a lot of rumors/discussions about Disney eliminating/replacing/modifying how hotels were categorized, especially for Pop and AoA.

MICHEALEP91

Can't speak for the US but the offer that was available in the UK earlier this year for 2023 bookings was $72 dining credit/night for a mid level resort - there was no price increase on the rooms when the offer kicked in (I know because I was monitoring prices ready to book and had an insider tip on the date it was going live). On top of that you get a $200 gift card and an additional $100 if Cirque du Soleil is down whilst you're there as it included free tickets initially.

Honestly I'd still rather have DDP back. I know many US folks dislike it but it made perfect sense for the more profitable international audience Disney was catering to.
I can say that my travel agent has reached out to me already about this deal, my reservation price for the entire trip went up 84.00 and I will receive two $300.00 dining cards, so for me this is a BIG win!

tnemgif

The phrasing on this is a little confusing. Everything says “up to a $750 Disney Dining Promo Card with eligible bookings.” However, I assume the promo card can be for more, if you’re booking more nights? Say, if I’m booking 10 nights at a deluxe, I would get a $1500 promo.

Edit: Confirmed with Disney. $150 per night with no limit on the total. So a 10 night stay at a deluxe would indeed earn a $1500 promo.

Last edited:

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Discounted tickets? Did you just leak their next discount incentive package? 😂

Yeah, those and APs would probably be the target for room-only discounts. Now, if they'd only let people buy those hated APs again...
They must be really hurting from the lack of AP money.

nickys

Premium Member
The phrasing on this is a little confusing. Everything says “up to a $750 Disney Dining Promo Card with eligible bookings.” However, I assume the promo card can be for more, if you’re booking more nights? Say, if I’m booking 10 nights at a deluxe, I would get a $1500 promo.
Not necessarily. You’d need to check with Disney or a TA. It depends if the promo is per night or per booking, the devil is in the detail. You don’t get more if you have 4 people vs 2 as far as I know, for example.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom