News Destination D23 2023

GimpYancIent

And ye shall see the truth! It's not about the fan, guest, visitor or tourist who are seen merely as financial resources, its about getting:
1678718316188.png

Figments Friend

Well crap….

Just found out earlier today I will be at WDW the week that this ‘event’ is taking place.
Oof…
Did not realize this until now when noticing the dates.

I was considering for about 50 seconds if I would be interested in attending, but then I saw the ticket prices.
I then also realized this is for D23 GOLD MEMBERS only, and NOT for the general public.
So yeah….I am not welcome.

Over $400 ….including required ‘Membership’…?
Thanks, but no thanks.

I will meet up with the cool people later…..for free.
😉

-

TTA94

I haven’t been following what’s been going on or rumors with VOTLM but I hope we hear something about this. Perhaps the success of the live action will determine its fate. Ideally I’d love to see a overhaul with new effects and such rather than a replacement with something different.
Id also love to see a overhaul or rather redesign of JOTLM at MK into something more exciting and epic, but that will never happen.

Inspired Figment

I'm telling ya folks..
I'm positive we're gonna get the big hazmat suit Hulk meet n greet reveal this year. It's gonna be a big smash hit
Watch
Or perhaps it's Ralph, ready to wreck the show floor! (Or internet on that matter)
Who knows?! We'll just have to wait and see..
Now.. I don't know about any WHAT IFs regarding what'd be Beyond Big Thunder Mountain.
But in my mind atleast, A Discovery Bay for great thinkers, inventors, pioneers & explorers would be pretty kickass...

I mean, use your Imagination, think of all the possibilities that could be showcased there, the Magic, the Journeys within.. or could it be just be a Marveled Gallery of Illusions??.. hmmm... I wouldn't know, but, maybe the Land Keeper does.. I've heard he could be a real Dream Finder.
Err.. Marvel McFey (touché!)

Last edited:

TP2000

They've had years to get the Expo right and they've yet to manage it, pandemic or not. It's always been chaotic and exhausting but still generally worth going for one day IMO.

No kidding. The Expo in Anaheim has been a crowd control and customer service mess for years now. Pre-Covid, I would just show up on Sunday afternoon and buy a rack rate ticket at the front door for a few hours of wandering the show floor and gawking at the... um... very passionate fans. And then go see the WDI Pavilion. Although lately, even the WDI Pavilion has been lacking.

There was also that one year where I saw a leader/manageress of some sort from Maker Studios have an absolute unhinged West Hollywood At Last Call And The Cute Guy Already Left With Someone Else meltdown on the poor crowd control CM's and (barely) two dozen people waiting to see her booth or some alleged "star" she had waiting in a green room somewhere in the bowels of the Anaheim Convention Center. That was a highlight and worth the price of admission, at least. 🤣

Otherwise, since the late 2010's it's just easier to watch it from home via the various bloggers and vloggers and fan sites. Covid finally put the nail in that coffin for me. Why even bother with it now?

Well crap….

Just found out earlier today I will be at WDW the week that this ‘event’ is taking place.
Oof…
Did not realize this until now when noticing the dates.

I was considering for about 50 seconds if I would be interested in attending, but then I saw the ticket prices.
I then also realized this is for D23 GOLD MEMBERS only, and NOT for the general public.
So yeah….I am not welcome.

Over $400 ….including required ‘Membership’…?
Thanks, but no thanks.

I will meet up with the cool people later…..for free.
😉

-

Don't worry. If they announce anything of any substance it will be announced online within minutes. Or, alternately, if they completely whiff this again and don't announce anything, that will also be announced online within minutes. Just go about your day as usual, and check your phone every few hours for something fun. Or something stupid. Either way, you're still on vacation!

TP2000

Reporting in from the Disneyland side of this forum for all our East Coast fans here, as the general consensus over on the Disneyland side is that Josh D'Amaro will announce something Pandora related coming to Disneyland Resort at this Destination D event.

The options for this Anaheim announcement that will thus cover the Parks segment for this fan event is as follows, from least to biggest:
  • A Pandora Meet N' Greet N' Merchandise Experience in the now empty Star Wars Launch Bay in Tomorrowland.
  • An Avatar 3-D Clip Show in the now empty Tomorrowland 3-D Theater beneath Space Mountain.
  • An Avatar dance party and cocktail immersion therapy session on weekends and vacation seasons in DCA's Hollywood Backlot.
  • An Avatar retheme of a currently operating Tomorrowland E-Ticket; either the Submarines or Star Tours. Maybe Autopia.
  • A new build Avatar E Ticket, likely a Flight of Passage clone, built on unused Disneyland acreage on border of Fantasyland/Tomorrowland.
  • A DAK Pandora clone land expansion on currently unused expansion acreage on the north side of Disneyland.
  • An even bigger than DAK Pandora land on expansion acreage west of Disneyland Drive as Phase 1 of "Disneyland Forward".
Stay tuned!

Mr. D'Amaro may announce a Billion dollar Anaheim expansion, or he may announce a meet n' greet and a snack bar. Who knows?!? 🤔

Crazydisneyfanluke

Reporting in from the Disneyland side of this forum for all our East Coast fans here, as the general consensus over on the Disneyland side is that Josh D'Amaro will announce something Pandora related coming to Disneyland Resort at this Destination D event.

The options for this Anaheim announcement that will thus cover the Parks segment for this fan event is as follows, from least to biggest:
  • A Pandora Meet N' Greet N' Merchandise Experience in the now empty Star Wars Launch Bay in Tomorrowland.
  • An Avatar 3-D Clip Show in the now empty Tomorrowland 3-D Theater beneath Space Mountain.
  • An Avatar dance party and cocktail immersion therapy session on weekends and vacation seasons in DCA's Hollywood Backlot.
  • An Avatar retheme of a currently operating Tomorrowland E-Ticket; either the Submarines or Star Tours. Maybe Autopia.
  • A new build Avatar E Ticket, likely a Flight of Passage clone, built on unused Disneyland acreage on border of Fantasyland/Tomorrowland.
  • A DAK Pandora clone land expansion on currently unused expansion acreage on the north side of Disneyland.
  • An even bigger than DAK Pandora land on expansion acreage west of Disneyland Drive as Phase 1 of "Disneyland Forward".
Stay tuned!

Mr. D'Amaro may announce a Billion dollar Anaheim expansion, or he may announce a meet n' greet and a snack bar. Who knows?!? 🤔
Has Grizzly Peak / Little Mermaid been discussed as an option?

Riviera Rita

D23 has announced the dates for the next Destination D23 - September 8-10, 2023.

"D23 returns to The Most Magical Place on Earth for the biggest Disney fan event of 2023 at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, September 8–10, to celebrate 100 years of The Walt Disney Company. Fans will be among the first to hear exciting announcements and see sneak peeks from the many worlds of Disney—and relive favorite memories with behind-the-scenes stories, special guests, and so much more at this epic event."

Ooh, I'm going to be there. Happy days. No wait, I'm not. Well I'll be at WDW and I am a D23 Gold Member, but, too slow.

Elijah Abrams

In the Parks
Yes

Stay tuned!

Can we stop making Autopia and the Submarines look bad, since those were classic Walt Disney attractions, though the latter was given an IP refresh after the original version was closed for a long time? And don’t get me started on Star Tours.

Figments Friend

No kidding. The Expo in Anaheim has been a crowd control and customer service mess for years now. Pre-Covid, I would just show up on Sunday afternoon and buy a rack rate ticket at the front door for a few hours of wandering the show floor and gawking at the... um... very passionate fans. And then go see the WDI Pavilion. Although lately, even the WDI Pavilion has been lacking.

There was also that one year where I saw a leader/manageress of some sort from Maker Studios have an absolute unhinged West Hollywood At Last Call And The Cute Guy Already Left With Someone Else meltdown on the poor crowd control CM's and (barely) two dozen people waiting to see her booth or some alleged "star" she had waiting in a green room somewhere in the bowels of the Anaheim Convention Center. That was a highlight and worth the price of admission, at least. 🤣

Otherwise, since the late 2010's it's just easier to watch it from home via the various bloggers and vloggers and fan sites. Covid finally put the nail in that coffin for me. Why even bother with it now?

Don't worry. If they announce anything of any substance it will be announced online within minutes. Or, alternately, if they completely whiff this again and don't announce anything, that will also be announced online within minutes. Just go about your day as usual, and check your phone every few hours for something fun. Or something stupid. Either way, you're still on vacation!

Phone….?
Me?

TP, don’t you remember….
I am one of only five people left on the planet that do not own or use a cell / smart phone.
Seriously, it’s true.
Don’t need it…don’t want it.

I am a ‘free agent’….!
😎

But yes, you are correct.
In the rare incident that something is announced ( which to date, nothing has at an East Coast event…) I’m sure I will hear about it later that day right here on my favorite Forum.
This is where the REAL news breaks and we have a great gang of folks here to talk to about it.

-

TP2000

Phone….?
Me?

TP, don’t you remember….
I am one of only five people left on the planet that do not own or use a cell / smart phone.
Seriously, it’s true.
Don’t need it…don’t want it.

I am a ‘free agent’….!
😎

But yes, you are correct.
In the rare incident that something is announced ( which to date, nothing has at an East Coast event…) I’m sure I will hear about it later that day right here on my favorite Forum.
This is where the REAL news breaks and we have a great gang of folks here to talk to about it.

-

My dear lady, I completely forgot about that aspect of your many charms! Forgive me, please!

I love that you maneuver through the 21st century without a phone. Something tells me, just like vinyl records and the flared jeans all the college girls are suddenly wearing now, your lifestyle will come roaring back into style when we least expect it. Until then, don't change!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom