News EPCOT Parking Plaza refurbishment?

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
I think the panels are just damaged and stained beyond what a pressure washer can address. Several on and around Earth Station seem to be in a similar state. That said, they should just replace them.
1713380200768.png

It even comes in "Epcot" Color

Horizonsfan

Let me put this in perspective. The parking lots provide proportional space equal to what a park can handle. The greater the size of the park the greater the size of the parking lot. Universal prior to their garages had a much smaller amount of people in the parks due to less parking. Thanks to the garages they greatly increased the overall amount of people that could be in the parks. Some times greater than what the park itself can actually handle. Now imagine epcot with a massive multi-layer parking garage. Some disney stockholders would relish such a thing as the added money from parking combined with ticket prices would only increase profits but for anyone inside the park it would be shoulder to shoulder every single second. Ride waits for even something as simple as journey into imagination could be unimaginably high. If you have been there during the busiest days its already bad enough as it is but if disney got the incentive to add even more people it would make things even crazier. That is why I am fine with just keeping it in the old school fashion. Disney has a perfect ratio of parking/park visitor. The last thing we need is a lot more people entering the park than what it can handle.
That’s….not how any of that works.

Cmdr_Crimson

Just about to say the same thing. Disney doesn’t need a parking garage to pack them into Epcot, they’ll even use the grass when there’s demand for it.
Has it ever come to a point where they park in grass at MK, AK or DHS? I've seen it happen several times at Epcot by the bus dropoff area but, hardly there or are those lots much bigger?

Andrew25

Has it ever come to a point where they park in grass at MK, AK or DHS? I've seen it happen several times at Epcot by the bus dropoff area but, hardly there or are those lots much bigger?
Issue with Epcot is that they tend to close off a decent amount of parking for the RunDisney events, so they are forced to park people there. Considering that Disability parking is at capacity any given day, surprised to see they haven't converted that grass lot until additional parking space for Disability.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I can't speak to the validity of that member's claim, but I suspect it would be difficult to procure a parking booth in a matter of days, and it's not like they just have them lying around like lightbulbs.
Lying around like what? I didn't think they kept those in stock anymore. :cautious:

Andrew25

Unless the damage was minor, surprised nobody noticed it. The protective guardrail at the DHS parking entrance is still not repaired from the incident a year ago lol

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Issue with Epcot is that they tend to close off a decent amount of parking for the RunDisney events, so they are forced to park people there. Considering that Disability parking is at capacity any given day, surprised to see they haven't converted that grass lot until additional parking space for Disability.
I had a "fun" experience several years ago parking at EPCOT mid-day when there was also a golf tournament going on taking up a lot of the parking. The parking lot CM who was supposed to say which row to go to just kinda said "try this one"....except there were ZERO parking spots in that row...and...all parking lanes go one direction...so I had to basically go the wrong way down another lane to park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom