DCL Buys Unfinished Mega Cruise Ship - Genting Golden Dream ???

J4546

shanghai would def be easier, but Tokyo and HK being on the water means that hypotheticaly they could set up a dock right by the parks and thatd be really cool

DCBaker

Premium Member
"According to multiple similar reports out of Germany, the first employees at Meyer Werft Wismar have started their positions where they will work to convert the partially completed “Global Dream” cruise ship into a Disney Cruise ship. At this time, 75 former MV WERFTEN employees have been hired on. It is anticipated, there will be another 75 workers joining operations at the shipyard over the next couple months. MEYER’s longterm plans aim to grow the workforce to between 400 to 650 employees in Wismar, Germany."

DCBaker

Premium Member
News about where the ship will be heading.

“Disney Cruise Line and Singapore Tourism Board today announced magical cruise vacations to Southeast Asia for the first time, revealed by Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Chairman Josh D’Amaro and Singapore’s Minister for Transport and Minister-in-charge of Trade Relations, S. Iswaran.

Under a recently signed Memorandum of Understanding, Disney Cruise Line and Singapore Tourism Board agreed to collaborate to homeport a brand-new Disney cruise ship exclusively in Singapore for at least five years beginning in 2025. More details about the maiden voyage, itineraries and onboard experiences will be announced at a later date.”

Full release below.

CaptainAmerica

No surprise, but still a bummer. I never wanted to sail on the thing but I hoped it might bop around the world a little bit and relieve some of the inventory pressure in the West.

Disstevefan1

As I said in previous posts, I think this was a good move by Disney. I know I will never sail on it but I still think it was a good move.

I hope TWDC puts out pics of the ship and I am looking forward to a YouTuber eventually giving us a tour.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom