News Disney After Hours at Walt Disney World (2024)

Chip Chipperson

It's odd to me that they have so many of these scheduled for Mondays and Wednesdays when those are the deluxe resort EEH nights. My wife and I have a quick trip for late-April/early-May and we're going to book an After Hours, but the only one during our stay is MK on a Monday. We were going to book at BLT and walk back from MK after the After Hours event, but decided to try our 1st stay at Riviera and take the Skyliner to and from the Epcot EEH the same night instead. Had they made the After Hours at DHS or DAK or booked it at MK for the next night, we probably would have bought tickets. It shouldn't be too tough for them to coordinate the EEH and DAH nights to avoid cannibalizing their own sales. And they didn't get any extra money from us for the switch to Riviera, either, because we were going to book a Theme Park View 1-BR at BLT but switched to a standard view 1-BR at Riviera so the cost was comparable.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
It's odd to me that they have so many of these scheduled for Mondays and Wednesdays when those are the deluxe resort EEH nights.

It shouldn't be too tough for them to coordinate the EEH and DAH nights to avoid cannibalizing their own sales.

That would mean the left hand knows what the right hand is doing.

Confused Black And White GIF by Muppet Wiki

Drdcm

I did one in August and it was a good time. Even the wait for Guardians was pretty short.
Yeah? Maybe I’ll give it a try in the future. It just seemed sort of missing the core Epcot stuff like food booths, performers, and restaurants. I could see it being nice to just kind of hang out with low crowds and nighttime ambiance though.

Chip Chipperson

Yeah? Maybe I’ll give it a try in the future. It just seemed sort of missing the core Epcot stuff like food booths, performers, and restaurants. I could see it being nice to just kind of hang out with low crowds and nighttime ambiance though.
That's true, but you get in early enough to experience some of that stuff, too, but it's really just a good way for short lines for rides.

pigglewiggle

There won't be any after hours for MK for December as they will have the Christmas parties going on. Lots of holiday events at the other parks too. Not sure how many there will be in December.

You're right, I forgot. But group will be happy with Christmas party.

Thank you!

Rivergirl05

When you purchase tickets does it automatically get put on your account or is there a code I need to link it? Just want to make sure I have everything done correctly

co10064

Premium Member
I suppose this belongs in the trip report section, but I wanted to give my review of After Hours this week at DHS and EPCOT.

We knew the crowds would be extremely heavy due to Spring Break/Easter, and I was traveling with my youngest teenage sibling (decent age gap). We live out of state, and I visit WDW about once every 1.5 years, whereas he visits once every 3-4 years. We are not AP or DVC holders. Because of this, I wanted to maximize our time and was willing to spend a bit more than normal.

To keep it brief, I would absolutely purchase After Hours again. For both parks we arrived at the mix-in time of 7pm. We were able to ride everything at DHS (with Mania twice) with 30 minutes to spare, and essentially everything at EPCOT (skipping Figment, but Guardians three times). I was concerned they would be running the rides at reduced capacity, but that was not the case this time.

We simply would have had no way of doing all of that during the day time, even if we purchased ILL & Genie+. If rides are your main focus, I would certainly recommend.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom