News More EV charging stations are coming to Disney Springs - September 2022

alphac2005

Mildly annoyed from last night at MK.

Half of the EV spots were taken up by EVs that were parked, but not plugged. 2 of them were Teslas (as is the norm), and the third was a Honda Clarity PHEV... and this one really REALLY ed me off, because it was blocking a charger AND the car's owner identified all over the car as a CM.

You're a CM - DO BETTER.
That’s the worst. We’ve owned EVs for almost nine years and the etiquette or lack there of is getting much worse with greater adoption. I’m thrilled to see all the EVs, but wish people wouldn’t be rude. Our first EV was a Ford Focus Electric with a 72 mile range, so we really were in need of plugging in a lot. That perspective really makes me laugh when reading some of the typical range whining in the thread. With hundreds of miles of range now standard, true range issues without charging impact a truly small percentage of possible drivers.

I truly get annoyed seeing the limited spaces at the park with the same vehicles in those spots all day. An MK cast member was telling us that a lot of EV guests come in from out of town and time their arrival to coincide with needing to recharge and how it’s very frustrating that what you saw tonight happens as she said they have guests who truly have a need for some electrons and they can’t get any juice.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
MK cast member was telling us that a lot of EV guests come in from out of town and time their arrival to coincide with needing to recharge and how it’s very frustrating that what you saw tonight happens as she said they have guests who truly have a need for some electrons and they can’t get any juice.

Fortunately there's seemingly always 1-2 available at Disney Springs, and I've been fortunate at MK and Studios to be able to get a charger fairly regularly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom