Chapek's comments - he doesn't want anyone on this board at WDW any more

Chi84

Premium Member
We're now talking past each other.

As much as I enjoy reading the rantings of my fellow forum members, much of what they post simply isn't true, especially when they try to predict what WDW will do, won't do, or supposedly can't do. People tend to project their desires.

If WDW wants to create some type of 'premium' Genie+ service, they could do it. I'm not saying they will, only that the potential exists.
I don’t disagree with that statement. My disagreement was with another poster’s statement that there were more than enough people willing to purchase a $150+ option to make it workable at WDW.

If you water it down to Disney having the potential to offer a premium Genie+ service there’s really nothing to disagree with.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
We're now talking past each other.

As much as I enjoy reading the rantings of my fellow forum members, much of what they post simply isn't true, especially when they try to predict what WDW will do, won't do, or supposedly can't do. People tend to project their desires.

If WDW wants to create some type of 'premium' Genie+ service, they could do it. I'm not saying they will, only that the potential exists.
I think you are far overestimating what their operational capabilities are.

imagineer boy

chapekslap.jpg

DVCmemberUK

Chapek interview with the Hollywood reporter when talking about "Superfans".

"But at the same time, we’ve got to make sure that there’s room in the park for the family from Denver that comes once every five years. We didn’t have a reservation system and we didn’t control the number of annual passes we distributed and frankly, the annual pass as a value was so great that people were literally coming all the time and the accessibility of the park was unlimited to them and that family from Denver would get to the park and not be let in. That doesn’t seem like a real balanced proposition.”

This is why we do not go any more.......They dont want us there! These are the very people that brought the parks back to life after the Covid closures and now WDW is just saying "Thanks, but we don't need you any longer"

And then he had the balls to say if our plan doesn't work out, we will let you peasants back in.........

"We have a real high-class problem: We have much more demand than there is supply. What we will not bend on is giving somebody a less than stellar experience in the parks because we jammed too many people in there. If we’re going to have that foundational rule, you have to start balancing who you let in. … Our ticket prices and constraints we put on how often people can come and when they come is a direct reflection of demand. When is it too much? Demand will tell us when it’s too much.”

This is everything that is wrong with this current management team. Disgrace what it has become
Just an insight from a United Kingdom DVC member since 1995.
Every time Chapstick opens his mouth he manages to offend someone or some group. He had a dig at 'superfans' then tried to disguise it with a fake love for them. So let's look at Superfans;
They turn up come rain or shine, they spend their hard earned money through out the year, even during the quiet off season.
They then do things like purchase 235 DVC points, become part of the Disney Family and then visit every year, spending around $5000 to $8000 annually including DVC dues. Just a bit more commitment than your once in every 5 years visitors.
They then start to experiance a change, nolonger able to have the travel insurance as you are not a resident of the USA and not able to enter prize draws. Can't visit due to Covid because we couldn't enter the country until November 2021 and then lose all your points. Nice family now.
Then Chapstick swings into action, limits numbers in parks, book your daily park choice and hop after 2pm, Genie+ was the perfect programme to take away the spontaneity of a day and turn into a military operation.
Then he tells me that I am ruining a vacation for a family who visits every 5 years. Thanks Chappy, you know how to treat your 'family'. It is now all about the $ and absolutely nothing else!
GH, United Kingdom.

harryk

Just an insight from a United Kingdom DVC member since 1995.
Every time Chapstick opens his mouth he manages to offend someone or some group. He had a dig at 'superfans' then tried to disguise it with a fake love for them. So let's look at Superfans;
They turn up come rain or shine, they spend their hard earned money through out the year, even during the quiet off season.
They then do things like purchase 235 DVC points, become part of the Disney Family and then visit every year, spending around $5000 to $8000 annually including DVC dues. Just a bit more commitment than your once in every 5 years visitors.
They then start to experiance a change, nolonger able to have the travel insurance as you are not a resident of the USA and not able to enter prize draws. Can't visit due to Covid because we couldn't enter the country until November 2021 and then lose all your points. Nice family now.
Then Chapstick swings into action, limits numbers in parks, book your daily park choice and hop after 2pm, Genie+ was the perfect programme to take away the spontaneity of a day and turn into a military operation.
Then he tells me that I am ruining a vacation for a family who visits every 5 years. Thanks Chappy, you know how to treat your 'family'. It is now all about the $ and absolutely nothing else!
GH, United Kingdom.
You hit the nail right on the head!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom