Disney Treasure, DCL’s 6th ship, debuts in 2024

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I think this is a common theme with Disney in general, their new stuff is still enjoyable, it’s just not as good as their old stuff. If you never experienced the old it would be great.

We enjoyed the Wish, we’d even cruise on her again, we’d rather be on any of the prior 4 though.
Having sailed on other lines, no third elevator bank is super common so doesn't really bother me that Disney dropped it on their newer ships. More room for other stuff.

Same with fully wrapped around promenade decks. Neither is what felt special on DCL for me. 🤷‍♂️

Having said that, the princess theme of the wish doesn't appeal to me (or my kids to be honest), but the themes on the Treasure and Destiny do, so I will definitely be sailing those if I can find an appropriate price point.

Vegas Disney Fan

Having sailed on other lines, no third elevator bank is super common so doesn't really bother me that Disney dropped it on their newer ships. More room for other stuff.

Same with fully wrapped around promenade decks. Neither is what felt special on DCL for me. 🤷‍♂️

Having said that, the princess theme of the wish doesn't appeal to me (or my kids to be honest), but the themes on the Treasure and Destiny do, so I will definitely be sailing those if I can find an appropriate price point.
The lack of a third elevator didn’t bother us either, our biggest complaint was everything felt undersized, the tables were so close together in the dining rooms the servers would constantly bump into the chairs trying to get between them, the bars had so few seats you’d often have to stand to do trivia, the Star Wars bar was so tiny it constantly had a wait… we've never had problems finding a seat on the other ships.

Our other major complaint was the spa, the outdoor patio was nice but it was not worth losing the views from the upper floor for it, the layout felt very cramped compared to the spas on the other ships also.

That might not be a deal breaker for some but we spend probably an hour a day in the spa and a couple hours a day having cocktails and doing trivia, bingo, etc so it was a huge letdown for us.

I won't sail on anything but the original 4 DCL ships at this point, if I even book a Disney cruise after this year. The Wish was a one-and-done for us.

Our next cruise will likely be an Alaskan cruise on Princess, some of our friends did it and said it was on par with DCL quality, and better in some ways.

cjkeating

The lack of a third elevator didn’t bother us either, our biggest complaint was everything felt undersized, the tables were so close together in the dining rooms the servers would constantly bump into the chairs trying to get between them, the bars had so few seats you’d often have to stand to do trivia, the Star Wars bar was so tiny it constantly had a wait… we've never had problems finding a seat on the other ships.
Yes. I think this is great point that often gets missed in the Wish bashing... the ship is bigger but everything feels smaller. I don't get claustrophobic but I almost felt that way at times on the Wish.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom