News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

TTA94

If Harmonious was, I'd assume it would be. I only raced to grab it because I've seen weird things happen with media in the past like random removal.

If Japan got it today, I'd assume tomorrow for a US release since it's technically tomorrow there already. But music rights are weird so who knows.

Feeling stupid lol but how did you purchase it from Japan?

trainplane3

Feeling stupid lol but how did you purchase it from Japan?
- Set my VPN to Japan
- Made a Amazon Japan account
- My address was set to the Ghibli museum
- Bought a Amazon JP gift card for 2k yen from a 3rd party site that I mostly trust
Order went through without issue

I tried using my credit card but it refused it everytime regardless of address or VPN location. Not sure if VPN is absolutely needed but from what I remember, Amazon Music JP is pretty strict (media rights and such) so I ran with it.

Edit: Who wrote the music?
Everyone apparently
1714331767563.png

Last edited:

Starship824

In the Parks
No
EPCOT Becoming: Inside the Transformation airs tomorrow night at 10pm ET on National Geographic.

Here's a preview of the segment on Luminous.

This actually looks really interesting to see the creative process on how they changed some of the things in the show and that they were working up until the very last minute. Just a based off this maybe 1 minute clip it already looks better than the 10-minute segment for harmonious they did for the behind the attraction show on Disney Plus lol.

LittleBuford

- Set my VPN to Japan
- Made a Amazon Japan account
- My address was set to the Ghibli museum
- Bought a Amazon JP gift card for 2k yen from a 3rd party site that I mostly trust
Order went through without issue

I tried using my credit card but it refused it everytime regardless of address or VPN location. Not sure if VPN is absolutely needed but from what I remember, Amazon Music JP is pretty strict (media rights and such) so I ran with it.

Edit: Who wrote the music?
Everyone apparently
View attachment 782203
Perhaps you really do need to appear local in order to make digital music purchases, but for other products, you can create a Japanese Amazon account from abroad, pay using foreign credit cards, and get things delivered overseas for a very reasonable fee. They even have excellent English-language customer service.

trainplane3

Perhaps you really do need to appear local in order to make digital music purchases, but for other products, you can create a Japanese Amazon account from abroad, pay using foreign credit cards, and get things delivered overseas for a very reasonable fee. They even have excellent English-language customer service.
I assume that's the case. When it comes to media laws and such, they're usually tough (everywhere, not just Japan).

Even though it probably won't matter tomorrow, it was a fun thing to figure out.

trainplane3

All of this seems like a lot of work when you could just wait till tomorrow and listen to it without any issues lol.
Like I said, I know it was a lot of work but it was fun to figure out on a lazy day.

Edit: I wondered but never looked around, but it's confirmed some of Mariachi Cobre is officially a part of Luminous!
1714340625012.png

Last edited:

Starship824

In the Parks
No
It would also be "Beating of our hearts" because Katherine McPhee doesn't do vocals for "Heartbeat Symphony". The fact that it has the whole cast leads me to believe it might be the whole show... They tend to release the entire show as long as there's nothing directly from the films in them as far as I've been able to see. For example, in the Tokyo releases of the shows whenever they do use versions from the movies, it's usually re recorded for the CD. Fantasmic is released on streaming. All of harmonious is released on streaming, so to me it seems like they will since everything in Luminous are new arrangements specifically made for the show.
Let the record state that I was correct.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Ummm, where's the production info? Is this really a Disney release?

On YouTube Music there's two versions of the soundtrack. One clearly created by a fan. The other with album info that's pretty suss.

trainplane3

Ummm, where's the production info? Is this really a Disney release?

On YouTube Music there's two versions of the soundtrack. One clearly created by a fan. The other with album info that's pretty suss.
Which one is suss?
If you can use a VPN for Japan, it works for YouTube.

This is the real deal here, just need to VPN to Japan to view it currently. And it seems to be missing some of the songs.
1714345416237.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom