News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

Richie248

Random thought. Do you think we're getting a variation of "Wondrous Journeys"? Something along the lines of "Wondrous World"....??? Again, random thought. People seem to love Wondrous Journeys....I myself saw it last month and thought it was meh.

monorail81

I was wondering that when I saw it. Maybe what they havenā€™t told us is that the new show will be called Harmoniousā€¦ā€¦šŸ¤£
I think you mean ā€œIlluminations: Harmoniousā€. Theyā€˜re like, ā€œYou all want Illuminations back so badly? Fine. Weā€™ll give you Illuminations.ā€œ Careful what you wish for.ā€¦

mattpeto

Random thought. Do you think we're getting a variation of "Wondrous Journeys"? Something along the lines of "Wondrous World"....??? Again, random thought. People seem to love Wondrous Journeys....I myself saw it last month and thought it was meh.
Iā€™d welcome it but I think thatā€™s more appropriate for a castle park. I love WJ FWIW.

mattpeto

A little discussion on Twitter that is happening is the potential of World Showcase Pavilions projections for the new show. I don't even know how the infrastructure would work, but I'd welcome something more immersive than a show with just pyro and lasers as the visuals (eg - Epcot Forever).

Squishy

A little discussion on Twitter that is happening is the potential of World Showcase Pavilions projections for the new show. I don't even know how the infrastructure would work, but I'd welcome something more immersive than a show with just pyro and lasers as the visuals (eg - Epcot Forever).
I feel like this would be a waste of money as most of the focus is on the lagoon, not the buildings behind you. It would also be a bit far & difficult to see projections from across the lagoon.

jrhwdw

I feel like this would be a waste of money as most of the focus is on the lagoon, not the buildings behind you. It would also be a bit far & difficult to see projections from across the lagoon.
The Laggon may be the Main Show, but...........I do think the Popcorn(??)Lights need to be used more on the Countries!

TheMaxRebo

I've shared this elsewhere but I am all for better utilizing the pavilions during the show - loved the effect with the outline lights during Illuminations, etc . .... If they can use projections to enhance that, then great. Not sure if anything detailed will really work given the shape of the buildings and what parts you can see from across the lagoon

So some colors and basic shaped? Sure .... Seeing like a detailed Mulan on yh China Pavilion as a key part of the show? I don't think that works - so don't think it can be of the same style/effect as the Castle shows

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
The Laggon may be the Main Show, but...........I do think the Popcorn(??)Lights need to be used more on the Countries!
Didn't all the WS pavilions receive popcorn lighting for the original IllumiNations? IIRC, the only pavilions without the popcorn lights are Morocco and Norway. Morocco because its facades are based on religious buildings and Norway because it's directly opposite Morocco across the lagoon (to maintain symmetry).

jrhwdw

Didn't all the WS pavilions receive popcorn lighting for the original IllumiNations? IIRC, the only pavilions without the popcorn lights are Morocco and Norway. Morocco because its facades are based on religious buildings and Norway because it's directly opposite Morocco across the lagoon (to maintain symmetry).
Either that or Norway wasn't finished building yet when IllumiNatons opened in Jan 1988.

jrhwdw

That's cause there is pyro launching from them? It works with floodlights & popcorn lights but I don't think projections would add much to the show especially when the distance is too big to see whatever is on them across the lagoon.
How has the Projections on TDS's Buildings for Believe! Sea Of Dreams been received??

ToTBellHop

That's cause there is pyro launching from them? It works with floodlights & popcorn lights but I don't think projections would add much to the show especially when the distance is too big to see whatever is on them across the lagoon.
Ideally, youā€™d have something with the projections to look at, but given the widespread use of projections in the parks, Iā€™d say they are popular. I was skeptical of the ones on ToT but actually like themā€¦

mattpeto

I've shared this elsewhere but I am all for better utilizing the pavilions during the show - loved the effect with the outline lights during Illuminations, etc . .... If they can use projections to enhance that, then great. Not sure if anything detailed will really work given the shape of the buildings and what parts you can see from across the lagoon

So some colors and basic shaped? Sure .... Seeing like a detailed Mulan on yh China Pavilion as a key part of the show? I don't think that works - so don't think it can be of the same style/effect as the Castle shows

Small nods to IP would be okay if it makes sense in the show.

But imagine seeing some imagery on some of these buildings during their segment of a show:

1679925696108.png

1679925715145.png

1679925743827.png

1679925782290.png

1679925809593.png

1679925968673.png

You do not want people to turn away from the lagoon during the show, but having the pavilions light up with animation effects (not IP necessarily) would plus up the immersion effect and would create new vantage points each time you watch the show.

Squishy

Yep. Then they wouldnā€™t pay to install them post Sylvania.

Worked for IllumiNations.
Ehh, did they really from across the lagoon?. IMO they should just stick to the floodlights and make the popcorn lights RGBW instead of making it seem like another generic projection show, but then again they need to find a way to showcase the Disney+ content with fireworks. One water screen in the center of the lake won't cut it for them.

ToTBellHop

Ehh, did they really from across the lagoon?. IMO they should just stick to the floodlights and make the popcorn lights RGBW instead of making it seem like another generic projection show, but then again they need to find a way to showcase the Disney+ content with fireworks. One water screen in the center of the lake won't cut it for them.
A more immersive show would help mitigate the fact that, with year-round festivals, great views of the center of the lagoon are rather limited, especially if you are shorter than 5 feet tall.

They attempted giant tacos and the worldā€™s largest donut and we balked. So theyā€™ll need to try something(s) else. And whatever they try will need unobtrusive infrastructure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom