News Happily Ever After fireworks show returning to Magic Kingdom in 2023

Chef idea Mickey`=

I don’t know exactly what the plan was, but the rumor I heard most often was some kind of finale replacement (changing out Someday with its reflective tone to a more upbeat party-like end to better match the rest of the show). Encanto was suggested to be in the running (which made sense based on the movie doing well right as Harmonious stumbled). I was apparently part of the minority that liked the finale as it was, but was surprised that nothing ever happened in integrating it into the show (and even more surprised that it didn’t make an appearance in L:SOE). I think (and someone else please correct me if I’m wrong) that the ultimate downfall of Harmonious was during an executive retreat in late summer 2022 with Chapek and D’Amaro where they realized (to their credit) that Harmonious was essentially dead in the water with guests and was causing ops and maintenance nightmares.
Neat and so interesting thank you!

Someday!!!? That section was for sure the best part of Harmonious! It was the closest thing to Illumination's you would ever get to with the globe reference, uniting message not saying it beats Illumination's but anything else would been catastrophe. Throwing another upbeat party-like end would been above notch more tragic as a modification! You already have the upbeat energetic pre/post show, the World is MI Familia already and the Princess and the Frog was disco enough...

Last edited:

Chef idea Mickey`=

she was suppose to do a new version of Tomorrows Child for SE, back during the 07 refurb, was so disappointed that never materialized. She was one of the best, wish they could bring her back for one of the shows somewhere.
Oh man I Wish!!! Her and Eva Avla whom did "Your a Lifetime Journey" - Canada are both prominent vocalists for Epcot to me. Even Heather Headley which I'm surprised they haven't provided her something to sing for Epcot although she is was superb for DCA, or Lion King Animal Kingdom.. 🌟

SoFloMagic

Again, thinking DE/Wishes could be used in certain situations is not calling for HEA demise! I KNOW this Site favors HEA, I do as well but DL rotates Fireworks Shows all the time! Before DL's 60th, there was 4 rotating Shows a year for DL. RDCT, Magical, Halloween Screams(some years with a Paywall, some years not) and Believe Holiday. Which didn't affect the life of each other. Why couldn't MK do something like that??????
DL is all locals. They need a different show since they see it twice a week.

But if magic kingdom doesn't have the fireworks show you saw in that blog six months ago when you were planning? Theyre gonna be maaaaaaaad

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Something else new or plussing to go along with Starlight next year would have been nice, but I’m guessing Starlight is taking every last cent of WDWs entertainment budget. Let’s hope it’s a large budget.
I wouldn't be surprised to see some other kind of drone show to come along. Or updates to Luminous that have had recent rumors, I also watched the Nighttime spectacular panel from d23 and Steve Davison heavily hinted at updates even though he said he's "not announcing anything".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom