what ip needs a dark ride

nickys

Premium Member
Mary Poppins because they need to “un-pause” the attraction that they announced and it deserves better than a spinner.

Or Brave because that was also in the running alongside MP originally for the U.K. attraction. It would also help to redress the misconception that the U.K. pavilion is the England pavilion and for that reason I’d hoped it would win the day.

At this point I’d happily take either.

Jungle Book because it would fit in AK, there’s space for it and the park needs a new ride.

Also Monsters Inc - even though it deserves to be a family style coaster.
And Roger Rabbit - which has been ignored for reasons I don’t understand.

But both those are wishful thinking and have no chance of happening.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Mary Poppins because they need to “un-pause” the attraction that they announced and it deserves better than a spinner.

Or Brave because that was also in the running alongside MP originally for the U.K. attraction. It would also help to redress the misconception that the U.K. pavilion is the England pavilion and for that reason I’d hoped it would win the day.

Jungle Book because it would fit in AK, there’s space for it and the park needs a new ride.

^^^^ This so much this
and add Tangled to the list because it deserves so much more than a loo

Cmdr_Crimson

More Muppets...IMO..

If the TSM tech was for Muppet Mayhem this would have worked well due to the screens as they are mostly waist-up characters. As you become part of the Muppet Show helping create chaos in the Theater and every time a round ends you get heckled by Statler & Waldorf.

The Great Muppet Movie Ride..Revive this concept..

And of course I support Doggan's idea.

Heppenheimer

Although he didn't have a separate dark ride, Roger Rabbit had a large presence at what was originally Disney-MGM studios.

There's also Toon Town Spin at Disneyland.

Unless Disney and Amblin ever resolve their dispute over Roger Rabbit, I doubt we'll see anything new from him again.

Personally, I wouldn't mind more new attractions not based on existing IPs Maybe something unbranded done in partnership with National Geographic for Animal Kingdom... I now can hear an evil belly laugh coming from Chapek, saying, "Yeah, good luck with that, chump!"

nickys

Premium Member
Although he didn't have a separate dark ride, Roger Rabbit had a large presence at what was originally Disney-MGM studios.

There's also Toon Town Spin at Disneyland.

Unless Disney and Amblin ever resolve their dispute over Roger Rabbit, I doubt we'll see anything new from him again.

Personally, I wouldn't mind more new attractions not based on existing IPs Maybe something unbranded done in partnership with National Geographic for Animal Kingdom... I now can hear an evil belly laugh coming from Chapek, saying, "Yeah, good luck with that, chump!"
What was the dispute? I thought there had to be a reason but just had no idea what.

Cmdr_Crimson

What was the dispute? I thought there had to be a reason but just had no idea what.
This guy's ownership...
FG5LpbGWQAUgJZY.jpg

Heppenheimer

I don't remember the specifics, but I think it had something to do with sharing the revenue the character generated after the film came out, from things like merchandising, the subsequent theatrical shorts and even his use in theme parks.

I'm going to assume Toon Town Spin already had too much sunk costs that they just decided to give Amblin a cut of the theme park revenue or some other goody rather than tear down or re-theme the ride. Whereas the Roger Rabbit stuff at Disney World was more superficially related to the attractions, and they could easily just take it out and replace it with something else. It was probably made easier once the buzz from the film started to die off. This is all just speculation, so I could be completely wrong.

Cmdr_Crimson

I don't remember the specifics, but I think it had something to do with sharing the revenue the character generated after the film came out, from things like merchandising, the subsequent theatrical shorts and even his use in theme parks.

I'm going to assume Toon Town Spin already had too much sunk costs that they just decided to give Amblin a cut of the theme park revenue or some other goody rather than tear down or re-theme the ride. Whereas the Roger Rabbit stuff at Disney World was more superficially related to the attractions, and they could easily just take it out and replace it with something else. It was probably made easier once the buzz from the film started to die off. This is all just speculation, so I could be completely wrong.
And that's why this character was made for said reason....
EPpMOwGWoAM7Sag.jpg

He's a Disney owned character and They could easily replace him in Cartoon Spin and his show was based in Toon Town itself.

J4546

Id love to see classic toons like Bonkers, Tailspin and more come to the parks but will prob not happen

Id love TLM in CA to be replaced with a CoCo darkride

Aristocats darkride in Paris

J4546

An alien vs predator land would be awesome but I doubt disney would do that. Universal prob would though, especially with their hhn.

Walter Elias Disney

Disney ran into legal issues regarding Roger Rabbit. Specifically, Disney and Amblin had numerous battles over usage of the characters, in both animated shorts and merchandising. This animosity ended production on the shorts after only three were produced, halted work on a potential sequel film, and led to Disney dialing back Roger’s presence in the parks. However, one major attraction starring the character did manage to get built in Disneyland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom