Talking Trash Can is back at EPCOT

esskay

Can't believe we are at post #18 in this thread already and there is yet to be a video link shared of a breathless 'WDW Vlogger' covering the trash cans return in a 40 minute video on YouTube with 20 advert breaks.

Give it a few minutes....
😆

Joking aside, nice to see this lil' random bit of frivolity return.
:)

-
I guarantee that a certain Mr Morrow will be eating one of his 4 entrees over it by the weekend.

esskay

PUSH (the original talking trash can) was not only mobile, he could also carry on a conversation with you. This new trash can is not as sophisticated as PUSH. And PUSH had a cousin (Pipa) that worked at Rafiki's Planet Watch in Animal Kingdom. And then there was Wes Palm too.

The only downside with PUSH was that you had a rather creepy looking cast member in quite clearly not tourist clothing sitting very close by looking like a reject from the secret service.

note2001

The only downside with PUSH was that you had a rather creepy looking cast member in quite clearly not tourist clothing sitting very close by looking like a reject from the secret service.
The dude with one hand in his pocket and muttering into his collar? 🤣
Push (the mobile) was not quite as sophisticated as people think it was.

It was simple, but fun :)

Last edited:

GCTales

The dude with one hand in his pocket and muttering into his collar? 🤣
Push (the mobile) was not quite as sophisticated as people think it was.
Nor was Remy at chefs de france.. but both added streetmosphere (restaurantosphere?). So what if they were basically remote control devices with a mic. Many of the classic rides are not exactly current high tech.

The interaction and environment they create is something that is no longer of importance to the current adminisrration.

JoeCamel

Nor was Remy at chefs de france.. but both added streetmosphere (restaurantosphere?). So what if they were basically remote control devices with a mic. Many of the classic rides are not exactly current high tech.

The interaction and environment they create is something that is no longer of importance to the current adminisrration.
Or a walk around with their hand shoved up a baby dino's butt at Universal it's neat and something entertaining. They all add to the the richness of the experience. The bare bones approach leaves you feeling dissatisfied.

note2001

You mistook my comment as negative. I was merely pointing out that it was a large RC with a speaker. I still enjoyed watching it. Didn't think the controller was creepy at all, he was part of the fun.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
The-Odyssey_Full_48146.jpg
I prefer PUSH. He was a cute interactive fun.

Have you heard if the talking drinking fountains are returning to EPCOT. Miss the little things At Disney.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Would be funny if this was just something created by a guest. It would be trivial to build a battery powered device that can do this, just stick it to the inside of the flap when no one is looking.

Figments Friend

Would be funny if this was just something created by a guest. It would be trivial to build a battery powered device that can do this, just stick it to the inside of the flap when no one is looking.

Great idea...someone needs to do this !

( thinks for a moment, then evil laugh....)

I know just what it should say, too.
Something about Bob C. needing to be placed inside.
Somethin'....

-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom