GF: is the couch/day bed comfortable for a 5ft6in average size woman?

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Adding another person to our party and considering switching from AKL to GF. Would prefer to not share beds so hoping the couch is comfortable.
Anyone slept on it?

JIMINYCR

We haven’t slept at GF but have done the Contemp. I’m assuming the couch beds would be similar from deluxe to deluxe. DS slept on the Contemp one and he was comfortable and he’s slightly over 6’ , and a burly guy. He had no complaints. It certainly wouldn’t be as comfortable a sleep as a bed but doable. Maybe take turns on the couch over the course of the trip?

ladydi

My daughter is 5’8” and has slept in many of the day beds in the deluxe resorts as we are a family of five. She has had no problems with any of them. She was a bit too tall for the fold down bed at POR though.

erstwo

We haven’t slept at GF but have done the Contemp. I’m assuming the couch beds would be similar from deluxe to deluxe. DS slept on the Contemp one and he was comfortable and he’s slightly over 6’ , and a burly guy. He had no complaints. It certainly wouldn’t be as comfortable a sleep as a bed but doable. Maybe take turns on the couch over the course of the trip?
Agree - my son is a broad shouldered and 6’1 or taller now. When we only get one room, he somehow always allows his tiny 5’6 “ less than 100 lb baby sister to have the other queen size bed; while her sleeps on the couch bed or Murphy bed (depending on where we are staying). He has no complaints, but is always glad to get back home to his queen bed!

Kingoglow

Average size is a little vague, since that average changes with age.
Anyway, it might be okay for a night or weekend, probably not for a week's stay.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom