News Walt Disney World's iconic Twilight Zone Tower of Terror billboard to be permanently removed

FettFan

Say you never heard of that darn Marvel Contract without saying you never heard of it.....

15bb4a86-7abb-4ae4-bafd-b72d94c16231_text.gif

MaryJaneP

Could Black Pantherette be a newly created character that DHS may exploit and seemingly would not be prohibited under the existing Marvel/Perpetuity contract?

FettFan

I think it’s been assumed that yes the character of black panther is, Wakanda and it’s supporting characters are not covered by the contract.

Yeah but there’s really no point in building Wakanda at DAK if there is no Black Panther there.

That would be like building Pandora but leaving out the Blue Cat Group.

I don’t think people are going to flock to meet Wakandan Dignitary #3 who appeared for three seconds in the background while Killmonger was walloping T’Challa’s derrière.

MagicHappens1971

Yeah but there’s really no point in building Wakanda at DAK if there is no Black Panther there.

That would be like building Pandora but leaving out the Blue Cat Group.

I don’t think people are going to flock to meet Wakandan Dignitary #3 who appeared for three seconds in the background while Killmonger was walloping T’Challa’s derrière.
Shuri? His sister and the lead of the new movie?

Dinoman96

Get ready for a "surprise" announcement at D23 that Sunset Blvd at the Hollywood Studios will be rethemed to Marvel Blvd/Avengers Campus...Rock 'n Roller Coaster = Iron Man (same as what Paris has) and Tower of Terror = something else Marvel...not a knockoff of DCA's Guardians. Plus, another horrible Spider Man Web Slinger.

Like someone said, Twilight Zone licensing rights are unnecessary and Aerosmith is so irrelevant...and Marvel fits with the Studios theme.

*blocks your path*

TwilightZone

Sad to see it go, I wonder if they will replace it with new, lesser cheaper, billboards for newer experiences. As charming as these billboards are none of the attractions they were promoting are hardly new. Though they should've kept the TOT one, since the ride is an honorary park icon.

I also wonder if it's a sign of replacement for one of these attractions. My bet is Tough to be a Bug, there's a certain recent movie starting with the letter E and ending with the letter O that could easily take it's place.

Whoops I thought all of these were torn down at once, forgive my billboard knowledge is kind of low.

Last edited:

Indy_UK

Maybe Disney didn't want to spend licensing on the Twilight zone part? They released pins recently that only mentioned Tower or Terror? So maybe it's just part of the TLZ name going away?

RSoxNo1

I think Black Panther is covered by the Universal deal.He first appeared in Fantastic 4 and is a member of the Avengers both franchises are part of Super Hero Island.
As unfortunate as Chadwick Boseman's passing is, it very likely gives Disney an out when it comes to building Wakanda in Florida.

While they haven't stated this, the assumption online is that Wakanda and all other non T'Challa characters are available for use in Florida. The question would be, could any future Black Panther that isn't T'Challa be represented.

They built Galaxy's Edge without any of the original characters. They built Star Tours without most of the characters. The precedent is there. Having said that, the move for me would be Rock 'n' Roller Coaster to Animation Courtyard. That makes the most sense.

FettFan

Shuri? His sister and the lead of the new movie?

Shuri's still part of the Universal contract because she's not an original MCU creation; her first comics appearance was 2005, three years before the MCU got started and 12 years before the Black Panther movie.

Black Panther and all associated comic book characters is part of the Avengers Family, and this is only reinforced by the fact that Black Panther Wakanda Forever's plot is based on an amalgamation of Avengers vs. X-Men from 2012 in which Namor attacks Wakanda because the Avengers are holding out there,
71zk2bZVngL.jpg

and the New Avengers series from 2013 in which Queen Shuri counterattacks Atlantis.
Dcdikj_U0AAJFmT.jpg

And if the rumors of a certain *other* villain pulling strings behind the scenes are true.... we can also throw in Black Panther #27 from 2001.

clean.jpg

PDiz

Seriously…?
I get that it serves little to no purpose, but these little touches are what makes WDW what it is.
Bob Chapek and all those in charge, your empty, penny counting souls can rot in the unimaginative, number crunching hell you’re bringing on yourselves.

I hope they enjoy counting pennies, because in times, that is all that will be left of this once great place…
Oh my a bit dramatic aren’t we?? Disney always has a method to their madness and always seems to work out just fine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom