News Disney transforms Magic Kingdom's famous purple wall to celebrate PRIDE Month at Walt Disney World and will donate merch profits to support LGBTQIA+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vegas Disney Fan

Thanks to all for broadening my knowledge today!

This is how I feel also, I feel like a dinosaur with a lot of these terms, and I’m only in my late 40s. LGBT is easy to understand, beyond that the divisions become more nuanced, the they/them pronouns become really confusing also. Someday we’ll get it figured out but like anything new it takes getting used to.

Sir_Cliff

Social media in general has become personally upsetting and somewhat depressing. It’s not only the comments, but the content that people are producing and publishing is troubling and just not something that I find appealing or necessarily good. I think we should all consider who and what we want to follow and the type of content we want to subject ourselves to on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. It’s one of the reasons I enjoy commenting here on the forums. For the most part, we’re here to discuss Disney, and while some outside topics and discussions creep in, it’s tolerable and we’re still mainly here to talk about Disney-related products, which is way better than watching an “influencer” copy a trend that someone else made up, or be obsessed with their physical features for clicks and views.
I feel exactly the same and have really pulled back from social media in the past year or so. It seems conducive to getting worked up over what are probably fairly marginal views that always existed but that you were just less exposed to and then mirroring the toxicity you experience from those with which you disagree. As I mentioned in the last message, I've become particularly wary about this culture of everyone needing an instant opinion or hot take on everything.

Also agree about these forums! At least this is enjoyable and civil, and the stuff we're talking about is at least generally nice to think about even if it is discussing a new ride or hotel that we don't love!

Last edited:

ImperfectPixie

This article may explain it to you.

I'm not familiar with this character, but she instantly brought to mind Eddie Izzard, who from my understanding identifies as gender fluid, prefers she/her pronouns, and is attracted to women. Hubby and I have been fans of hers since the 1990s, and it was interesting and enlightening to read about how she identifies now versus how she did back then.

Patcheslee

Not to side track the thread much, but DD13 got to attend her first Pride event. Along with feeling at home and seeing friends, we found out there is a Pride Alliance group at the high school!!! 😍 she may have another year until then, but we have some other teens we've gotten contact info if she ever feel the need to talk to a peer.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Are they painting it over tomorrow?

The Pride Walls/murals will be there through July -

"And if you haven’t had the chance to experience the Pride Walls and photo opportunities across Walt Disney World, I’m happy to share that, due to popular demand, you’ll be able to enjoy many of them through July! "

Casper Gutman

The murals will be there through July -

"And if you haven’t had the chance to experience the Pride Walls and photo opportunities across Walt Disney World, I’m happy to share that, due to popular demand, you’ll be able to enjoy many of them through July! "

At this point, they should be left up year round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom