News Narcoossee's at Disney's Grand Floridian closing for extended refurbishment June 2022

Sir_Cliff

It’s a vast improvement over what was there. I also thought the new tableware and other items really go with the theme. Overall this was much better than what I expected.
I do like the tableware, particularly those blue (Iittala?) glasses!

Centauri Space Station

https://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/narcoossees/gallery/02apr2023-narcoossee's-food,-drink-and-new-dining-room---2023.htm

Narcoossees_Full_51136.jpg

Narcoossees_Full_51134.jpg
Narcoossees_Full_51111.jpg
Narcoossees_Full_51117.jpg

Narcoossees_Full_51126.jpg

More at https://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/narcoossees/gallery/02apr2023-narcoossee's-food,-drink-and-new-dining-room---2023.htm
Huge upgrade

Dr.GrantSeeker

I don't know anything about this restaurant. Looking more forward to Bull and Bear at the Waldorf!
This is way better than any restaurant at Disney. I’ve dined at almost ever Disney “Signature” restaurant. We dine at BB all the time never once have had a negative experience. The food is amazing and so is the entire staff. It’s not cheap, but you get nothing but excellence from the moment you arrive till the moment you leave.

Edit: I also want to add I ate at Narcoossee’s on opening night. Food was great. Liked the new seafood inspired charcuterie board a lot. I do think the interior is vastly improved, but I do feel as though it doesn’t have enough charm to feel like a Victorian sea side restaurant. Don’t necessarily think it did before with the exception of the lovely mural which is now gone and the hardwood floors. And to be clear I don’t hate Disney Signature restaurants I do enjoy most of them. But the Disney experience is very different from a true lux restaurant such as Bull & Bear or even Capa which are both excellent top of the line restaurants.

Last edited:

Eric Graham

This is way better than any restaurant at Disney. I’ve dined at almost ever Disney “Signature” restaurant. We dine at BB all the time never once have had a negative experience. The food is amazing and so is the entire staff. It’s not cheap, but you get broth if but excellence from the moment you arrive till the moment you leave.

Edit: I also want to add I ate at Narcoossee’s on opening night. Food was great. Liked the new seafood inspired charcuterie board a lot. I do think the interior is vastly improved, but I do feel as though it doesn’t have enough charm to feel like a Victorian sea side restaurant. Don’t necessarily think it did before with the exception of the lovely mural which is now gone and the hardwood floors. And to be clear I don’t hate Disney Signature restaurants I do enjoy most of them. But the Disney experience is very different from a true lux restaurant such as Bull & Bear or even Capa which are both excellent top of the line restaurants.
Thank you so much! My wife's brother thinks that BB is one of the best restaurants in the US. We've never eaten there before.

Disney Analyst

castlecake2.0

The food sounds lovely, and the space looks fresh and pleasant. I still think it lacks specificity of character, and the carved mandalas and new mural look very tacky to me.
This is what gets me every time. They need to find a balance of updated and modern while still grounding the space in a specific time and story. I like everything but the chandeliers, the props at the bar, and the mandalas. They should have left the fans, adds some kinetics. The props behind the bar and the mandalas all look off the rack from home goods. Imagineering used to go out and collect period pieces, that’s what this is lacking. This hotel is supposed to be turn of the century Florida beach resort. Find some pieces that reflect that to have in the space. When everything is brand new it lacks character and story.

UNCgolf

The food sounds lovely, and the space looks fresh and pleasant. I still think it lacks specificity of character, and the carved mandalas and new mural look very tacky to me.

I have similar thoughts. That blackened redfish dish sounds and looks phenomenal, and I like most of the interior -- but things like the mandalas make it feel like something tossed together to display in a magazine that offers those items for sale.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom