New entertainment coming to American Adventure

Thelazer

Would be a said day indeed, she is.. a treasure... quite frankly a window on main street would be due to her. Hopefully the company will see the light.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Update via the Carol Stein Facebook page -

Screen Shot 2022-09-23 at 1.43.22 PM.png

JoeCamel

I really hope this was her decision, as I couldn't think of someone who deserves it more. She's truly lovely. I wish her the absolute best on some well deserved RnR.

(And if it wasn't, Disney management really should reconsider it's priorities!)
Sounds like she is using accrued vacation time, hope they have a ball in Europe

DisneyDebRob

I’m just glad she’s ending her run back in the pub where she has delighted probably millions of people. To end in the American Asventure would have been sad. Definitely was a bad fit. I think she realized that and possibly couldn’t go back to the pub because of decisions made somewhere along the line. Thank you very much for years of enjoyment. Sad I won’t be down until thanksgiving and won’t catch her one last time.

Ares

In the Parks
No
While I'm happy for her, AA always seems to get the short end of the stick when it comes to entertainment.

Surfin' Tuna

'Casual Temporary'

-
I remember the first time someone said something to me about CT. This is exactly how my conversation went. He told me, "it's seasonal." I said, "but there is no C in seasonal." Then he thought and told me "casual temporary," as if I should have known. I still don't fully get it what they do what they do, but it's a funny story in my memory. "Oh yeah, CT must mean seasonal."

But about this news: it really does suck. AA wasn't the right place for her, and I wonder if it was a way to encourage her to leave. Like DisneyDebRob said, it's great she is leaving where she gained her fame and where she really shined. I never saw her in AA, but I am sure it would have just felt awkward and wrong. They are really losing or getting rid of everything great at this point.

nickys

Premium Member
She is quite genuinely retiring on her own. Venue has nothing to do with it considering she happily played wherever they made her throughout the whole pandemic.
She has had a long career with Disney and is just looking forward to working on her own terms and when she feels like it. That’s all.
I’m glad to hear that. Just sorry I’ll miss her playing when we go at Christmas.

Comped

While I'm happy for her, AA always seems to get the short end of the stick when it comes to entertainment.
I'd argue it's more than one pavillion, and is closer to all atmospheric entertainment aceross the parks, especially since the giant cuts that saw us lose a ton of it. Walt essentially invented atmospheric entertainment, intending for it to add to the overall guest experience... And we all know what happened to it over the past 20 years or so. More cuts and more cuts as it doesn't directly make money.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom