Disney’s Q2 FY22 Earnings Results Webcast

EPCOT-O.G.

More info on the $1B haircut in content spending:

Basically, lower quality shows and a price hike coming.
How could it get any lower in quality? Their non- Star Wars and non-Marvel shows have been kinda garbage.

No one is watching Doogie Kamealoha, MD, The Mysterious Benedict Society, High School Musical, Mighty Ducks, or Diary of a Future President.

todd23

How could it get any lower in quality? Their non- Star Wars and non-Marvel shows have been kinda garbage.

No one is watching Doogie Kamealoha, MD, The Mysterious Benedict Society, High School Musical, Mighty Ducks, or Diary of a Future President.
Actually, my wife and I have watched all those shows and have thoroughly enjoyed them. We're looking forward to the next seasons of those that have additional seasons. And we're in our early 40s with no kids.

It's funny, though, we identified more with Doogie Kamealoha's parents than her in the show, and they worked in a number of references from them that spoke to people our age.

el_super

I hope investors continue to punish Disney stock. They're losing confidence in Chapek. Investors like stability.

The parks have been nothing but stable. At revenue of $6B+ for the quarter, the parks are showing a return to 2019 numbers.

Even if they have had enough of Chapek and his PR missteps, the board will be sure that they hire someone who will run the parks the exact same way.

Revenue here is a referrendum on their actions, and so far people are voting in the affirmative.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The parks have been nothing but stable. At revenue of $6B+ for the quarter, the parks are showing a return to 2019 numbers.

Even if they have had enough of Chapek and his PR missteps, the board will be sure that they hire someone who will run the parks the exact same way.

Revenue here is a referrendum on their actions, and so far people are voting in the affirmative.
Agree…

Do have to watch for the next few months - However - due to people blowing money like drunken sailors for the last 6.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Disney has detailed and granular access to what people are watching down to the minute.

Any show that gets a second season is a popular show.

Piratetiki

This is all Wall Street double talk. Chapek is a lousy leader for Disney. He would do fine at McDonald's or Starbucks, both of which have nothing to sell but PRODUCT. Disney on the other hand is selling the SHOW. Even Eisner, as bad as he got to be, was always about selling the show. Even the Disney Store was a part of selling the over all show. Under Chapek and Co. everything is about the bottom line and cut backs. Short term gain at the expense of long term sustainability. Sure, the stockholders are happy about the dividends, eventually though, the golden goose of "Profit through Savings" dies. Less show= Fewer return visitors.

pdude81

This is all Wall Street double talk. Chapek is a lousy leader for Disney. He would do fine at McDonald's or Starbucks, both of which have nothing to sell but PRODUCT. Disney on the other hand is selling the SHOW. Even Eisner, as bad as he got to be, was always about selling the show. Even the Disney Store was a part of selling the over all show. Under Chapek and Co. everything is about the bottom line and cut backs. Short term gain at the expense of long term sustainability. Sure, the stockholders are happy about the dividends, eventually though, the golden goose of "Profit through Savings" dies. Less show= Fewer return visitors.
Dividends?

pdude81

Hence my post
Gotcha. I wasn't sure you were taking my earlier post as intended. I was responding to a prior poster saying that the stockholders are happy about the dividends.

pay.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom