New Discount? Disney+ subscribers only

Schweino

Original Poster
Then I hope they do not bring back the DDP. I have not used the DDP in 15 years and I am not likely to use it again. We use an Excel spreadsheet that I can use to calculate all of our potential meals (it adds the tax and gratuity too) and it can tell me if out of pocket is better than the DDP. It has been cheaper (by A LOT) to pay out of pocket over the past 15 years. Disney sells the DDP to people that do not care, those who actually come out ahead with the DDP, or those that do not bother to do the math and do not know they are paying more.

Either way I still think they will have something for a discount in Q4.
Yeah 'saving' money on the DDP requires some advanced planning and a little preparation. I do agree that the average person who buys the DDP doesn't care and doesn't do the math, they are just buying convenience.

Upvote 0

Patcheslee

???

That would be very surprising. I don't think Disney has ever changed rack rates within a year once they're initially published.
I'm a bit more cynical with the discounts. There's times a discount is released when we planned to visit. But since we book in when packages first release, ticket prices and the DDP prices increased between that time. In turns into maybe a $20-30 savings/night at a mod.

Upvote 0

Schweino

Original Poster
I'm a bit more cynical with the discounts. There's times a discount is released when we planned to visit. But since we book in when packages first release, ticket prices and the DDP prices increased between that time. In turns into maybe a $20-30 savings/night at a mod.
When they release Q4 discounts, maybe I can report back what the 'true' discount ends up being since I've already paid in full for our December trip

Upvote 0

G00fyDad

When they release Q4 discounts, maybe I can report back what the 'true' discount ends up being since I've already paid in full for our December trip
Same here. It will be interesting.

How does this actually work? I have two reservations that are both paid in full now. If I get a discount do I just get a refund to my bank account for the difference? I've never gotten a discount after I have paid the trip off.

Upvote 0

Schweino

Original Poster

How does this actually work? I have two reservations that are both paid in full now. If I get a discount do I just get a refund to my bank account for the difference? I've never gotten a discount after I have paid the trip off.
I've never been in this boat either! Wonder if @nickys knows? Nickys is an encyclopedia.

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
No you will not receive an automatic discount on your current reservations. If a discount is released, you’ll have to modify your existing reservation (if applicable under the discount) or rebook a new reservation with the discount. (For example, you have already booked a standard view but the only rooms available for the discount are preferred view rooms.)

Upvote 0

G00fyDad

No you will not receive an automatic discount on your current reservations. If a discount is released, you’ll have to modify your existing reservation (if applicable under the discount) or rebook a new reservation with the discount. (For example, you have already booked a standard view but the only rooms available for the discount are preferred view rooms.)

But my rooms are booked as a preferred. Others (on Disney FB sites) have said they did not need to rebook to add the discount since it was keeping them in the same room category. Are you sure I would have to cancel my reservations and rebook?

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Please speculate wildly.. Is there any chance this promotion would later get expanded for Q4 2022 (calendar year) stays as well or does Disney not have problems booking rooms during that time?

I think its likely that there will be another discount for later in the year but dates will be quite limited.
Usually no dates in October, a week here and there in November, and December up til Xmas Eve.
So really depends on your exact dates.

You will not automatically get a discount.
You'll have to attempt to modify online or call and ask if the discount can be applied to your booking.
I have never done it when my booking as already paid in full so I'm not sure how the refund process works but I'm guessing it takes a few weeks and would return to whatever method you paid with.
But my rooms are booked as a preferred. Others (on Disney FB sites) have said they did not need to rebook to add the discount since it was keeping them in the same room category. Are you sure I would have to cancel my reservations and rebook?

This is FALSE.
Disney releases a certain amount of rooms in particular room categories for the discounts.
If you want a discount the best thing to do is to wait to book until one comes out.
Otherwise you MAY be able to modify your current booking to add the discount BUT you MAY have to cancel and rebook.

Upvote 0

wendysue

You're not really missing out if you can't get one of these rooms. The "discount" price of these rooms is more than the full price was not that long ago.

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
You're not really missing out if you can't get one of these rooms. The "discount" price of these rooms is more than the full price was not that long ago.
The price of nearly everything has gone up significantly in the past couple of years.
My sister is in the process of building a house and she's dang near out of budget from the way prices of materials have skyrocketed.
Lets not act like Disney is the only business raising prices.

I'll gladly take the discount that has a price of 2018 rack rates vs a non discounted price of 2022 rack rates.
Especially if I was going no matter what.

Upvote 0

Kingoglow

Short answer, yes.

Long answer, these discounts are not released because Disney wants you to save money. They are released to fill unused rooms or to bring in new reservations.
It is just a loophole that we can cancel and rebook to take advantage of the offers.

You are modifying your reservation, not necessarily cancelling it. If you make the change of the phone with a cast member you wont even know the difference.

Upvote 0

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
I called today. They were able to apply the discount to my existing Sept reservation. It was easier than starting from scratch and it saved me some $. Took about 12 min from the time they called me back to ending the call. Most of that was confirming my Disney+ subscription. If you used a different email for your D+ then you did for your resort/ vacation reservation she hinted that it would cause some hiccups.

Upvote 0

Tomi-Rocket

I too believe this is the first time I’ve ever seen a discount for Disney+. Surprisingly not only was it available for the resort I’m staying in, I was actually able to get it, so that was nice. For the last few years I’d given up the idea of being able to get discounts anymore. And it’s been a while since I’ve seen value get 25% off. 🙂

Upvote 0

Patcheslee

I too believe this is the first time I’ve ever seen a discount for Disney+. Surprisingly not only was it available for the resort I’m staying in, I was actually able to get it, so that was nice. For the last few years I’d given up the idea of being able to get discounts anymore. And it’s been a while since I’ve seen value get 25% off. 🙂
News articles are using the "first time in history" titles for clicks. It's only been a service since November 2019, so not much history to look at.

Upvote 0

draybook

Disney discounts on their overpriced resorts is like when Walmart "rolls back" the prices it raised before doing the rollback. Never again will we return to pay 5-star prices for a cramped motel room.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

trying to keep people from canceling thier Disney+
I think you're right. As we look to reduce expenses in anticipation of continued price increases on food and other essentials, streaming services are going to be one of the first things to go (at least in my household).

I wonder if there will be a small bump in cancellations after the end of the summer when everybody who booked with this promotion has finished their vacation, or if the hope of future Disney+-related discounts will keep them holding on.

Upvote 0

ChrisL101

I wanted to use this, we are booking for January 2023 it the online discount only goes out until September. Contacted Disney and they told me to check again for any discounts like this on September 22.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom