News New Polynesian Resort DVC villas building to open 2024

nickys

Premium Member
Question, do they do a soft opening, and when does that start? One or two weeks before the real opening date? How do they do this bookings...is it employees and and family?
No soft opening.

Because it will open well within the 7 month window, once points go on sale they will then allow all Poly owners a few weeks home resort priority on booking, then open it up to all owners.

Beacon Joe

Now for the one million dollar question: Will you still be able to walk from the Poly to Magic Kingdom again?

Based on the recent concept art, it looks like the former shoreline pathway from the Polynesian to the Grand Floridian (and then to the park) will not be restored.

I'd like to assume they will at least build a pathway on the Floridian Drive side of the Hampton Inn so people can again walk between the Polynesian and Grand Floridian, but honestly, who knows if they will even bother.

Beacon Joe

It hasn't gotten better looking yet...I keep waiting for some spectacular decoration that will go up and then it will start to look correct for the resort, but it never happens.....

Maybe they'll make another bulk buy from Michael's fake foliage and fake flower section like they did for the Splash Mountain retheme, and drape that junk all over the concrete blocks.

rle4lunch

No soft opening.

Because it will open well within the 7 month window, once points go on sale they will then allow all Poly owners a few weeks home resort priority on booking, then open it up to all owners.
we've booked for May for SS, but also own at Poly. Patiently waiting to see if will be able to modify and book the Towers whenever they start points booking.

Chef idea Mickey`=

"I saw an article announcement saying it will have four boxes and two of them will have firework views. Wow four, I thought one, spotted two as thus. Speaking of boxes, none would face the back Hey... "

Epcot82Guy

I went by it last night. A few thoughts:
-The browns are helping it blend in more, especially from a far, but it still is a very large structure
-That is much more true from a far (like the ferry). Up close, the lack of themeing/detail is much more noticeable.
-Now that it's being built out, it encroaches way more on GF and the Wedding Pavilion than I thought it would. There is virtually no separation between the resorts now. That is sad IMHO. In a way, the Vegas analogy is accurate. The whole side just sort of blurs together into one long stretch - not individual resorts.
-The modern architecture looks odd compared with the other two. GF is very elegant and whimsical. Poly has that 60s kitsch. This stands out and kind of pulls you out of the fantasy. It's much more akin to Riviera next to Caribbean Beach or Swan Reserve next to SwDo (vs. BLT or Gran Destino).
-I really fear for what this will do to Poly's dining situation. This seems woefully under "restauranted/lounged".

It's not as offensive from afar as I originally feared - and the views will be great along with some of the interior finishes. The restaurant looks nice. But, this is still reading decent Hyatt on random island more and more as it gets finished.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Island Tower at Disney's Polynesian Resort: Latest Construction Updates as Terrace Gardens Take Shape​

The-Villas-at-Disneys-Polynesian-Resort_Full_57631.jpg

The-Villas-at-Disneys-Polynesian-Resort_Full_57623.jpg

The-Villas-at-Disneys-Polynesian-Resort_Full_57622.jpg

James Alucobond

Off to the left is that the original Poly OMG what an eye soar it's ruined the whole Polynesian ambiance. Glad I got to stay when it was really special in 1977
You can only really see more than the tiniest bit of the roofline if you’re at the dock or on the beach. You can’t see much of it from within the longhouse enclave. Honestly, I think the fence around the lava pool and the changes to the lobby were ultimately far more disruptive to the ambiance than this if only because it’s off on its own.

Chef idea Mickey`=

I went by it last night. A few thoughts:
-The browns are helping it blend in more, especially from a far, but it still is a very large structure
-That is much more true from a far (like the ferry). Up close, the lack of themeing/detail is much more noticeable.
-Now that it's being built out, it encroaches way more on GF and the Wedding Pavilion than I thought it would. There is virtually no separation between the resorts now. That is sad IMHO. In a way, the Vegas analogy is accurate. The whole side just sort of blurs together into one long stretch - not individual resorts.
-The modern architecture looks odd compared with the other two. GF is very elegant and whimsical. Poly has that 60s kitsch. This stands out and kind of pulls you out of the fantasy. It's much more akin to Riviera next to Caribbean Beach or Swan Reserve next to SwDo (vs. BLT or Gran Destino).
-I really fear for what this will do to Poly's dining situation. This seems woefully under "restauranted/lounged".

It's not as offensive from afar as I originally feared - and the views will be great along with some of the interior finishes. The restaurant looks nice. But, this is still reading decent Hyatt on random island more and more as it gets finished.
Very True! 💯

BTW the view of Swan Reserve between Swan and Dolphin I rather they called it Cove because nothing Swan about it except oh price range it's even higher. To me Swan Reserve is like being the Aventura of of Disney.

Scuttle

Based on the recent concept art, it looks like the former shoreline pathway from the Polynesian to the Grand Floridian (and then to the park) will not be restored.

I'd like to assume they will at least build a pathway on the Floridian Drive side of the Hampton Inn so people can again walk between the Polynesian and Grand Floridian, but honestly, who knows if they will even bother.
This looks so atrocious. Hard to believe what we lost for this piece of .

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom