News New Polynesian Resort DVC villas building to open 2024

nickys

Premium Member
Question, do they do a soft opening, and when does that start? One or two weeks before the real opening date? How do they do this bookings...is it employees and and family?
No soft opening.

Because it will open well within the 7 month window, once points go on sale they will then allow all Poly owners a few weeks home resort priority on booking, then open it up to all owners.

Beacon Joe

Now for the one million dollar question: Will you still be able to walk from the Poly to Magic Kingdom again?

Based on the recent concept art, it looks like the former shoreline pathway from the Polynesian to the Grand Floridian (and then to the park) will not be restored.

I'd like to assume they will at least build a pathway on the Floridian Drive side of the Hampton Inn so people can again walk between the Polynesian and Grand Floridian, but honestly, who knows if they will even bother.

Beacon Joe

It hasn't gotten better looking yet...I keep waiting for some spectacular decoration that will go up and then it will start to look correct for the resort, but it never happens.....

Maybe they'll make another bulk buy from Michael's fake foliage and fake flower section like they did for the Splash Mountain retheme, and drape that junk all over the concrete blocks.

rle4lunch

how is this going to affect capacity on the resort Monorail? I can’t imagine the folks at GF will be happy if the MK-bound monorail’s already full when it hits their station.

there's a great big, beautiful tommmm... err, walking path from GF to the turnstiles that they can use.. and already faster than waiting for the monorail at certain times of day.

rle4lunch

No soft opening.

Because it will open well within the 7 month window, once points go on sale they will then allow all Poly owners a few weeks home resort priority on booking, then open it up to all owners.
we've booked for May for SS, but also own at Poly. Patiently waiting to see if will be able to modify and book the Towers whenever they start points booking.

Chef idea Mickey`=

"I saw an article announcement saying it will have four boxes and two of them will have firework views. Wow four, I thought one, spotted two as thus. Speaking of boxes, none would face the back Hey... "

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom