News New Polynesian Resort DVC villas building to open 2024

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Thanks. On the room reservation pages, the Resort Studios are the only studios that list beverage coolers. They should really correct that.

They should, they tossed all of those in I think February of this year. There were posts on the Disboards with pictures of dozens of boxes mini-fridges stacked outside the entrance being wheeled in 2 at a time.

Sectorkeeper71

We had wall to wall carpeting in my kids room and our bed room -when the kids moved out I ripped out the carpet. OMG the sand the stains was disgusting put all hard wood floors in --then proceeded to rip out the master bed room carpet same thing. Will never have wall to wall carpet again not matter how much you vacuum or clean it still is nasty. Glad to see Disney is getting rid of it
When me and my wife bought our house a year and a half ago, the living room and 2 of the 3 bedrooms had this old, disgusting carpet in them that we promptly tore up. The smell was…..something

etc98

The color in that video was off. I don't know if it was just the lighting or a bad attempt at color grading, but it made everything appear more grey.
Which is so strange because it’s not the first time they’ve done this. When they redid the rooms at the rest of the Poly, they did the same thing. The promo images they put out were much more muted and gray than what the actual rooms looked like. Especially when it came to the wood tones, Disney’s promo images sucked all the color out of them.

IMG_2839.jpeg

IMG_2838.jpeg

Chef idea Mickey`=

Which is so strange because it’s not the first time they’ve done this. When they redid the rooms at the rest of the Poly, they did the same thing. The promo images they put out were much more muted and gray than what the actual rooms looked like. Especially when it came to the wood tones, Disney’s promo images sucked all the color out of them.

View attachment 790221

View attachment 790220
Whoah, I'm into color but the top one is absolutely perfect. To me the bottom one looks like an animated concept version.

Chef idea Mickey`=

Honestly probably the second photo is edited to increase the saturation and the first is edited to decrease it, and reality is somewhere in between. But to me, the first one is way too dull and gray
I get you, wow if you see this room too dull and gray wait until you've checked out the rooms from the Island DVC Tower! I would take this room hands down over those over there!

surfsupdon

We stayed at the Poly in the old Tahiti building in the mid 2000s when it was affordable with an AP rate. Can’t even touch it now, although I like the new rooms, but even back then we didn’t like the Resort and its top dollar price tag for campus style living. It rained a lot. Ha!

Virtual Toad

I assume the poster is referring to individual buildings being spread out with outdoor paths connecting them, similar to a college campus. The lobby building is sort of like a student union. Not always fun in the rain, but the style does invite a feeling of exploration and adventure which fit the original Poly nicely IMHO.

The trend toward taller self-contained buildings provides those who can't or don't want to walk long distances more convenience but does tend to lose a lot of charm.

Animal Kingdom Lodge (at least Jambo House) I feel threads the needle nicely in this regard. An expansive and richly detailed lobby full of paths to explore and secrets to discover, with sometimes long but fully enclosed hallways to the individual rooms. Those long hallways are broken up by design with large windows providing ample sunlight and unique views to the savannah. A good choice in the summer to be sure.

Port Orleans is another great example of campus-style resort layout which, while mostly outdoors, excels due to its location and charm. Not perfect in hot or rainy weather but outstanding in the cooler months.

Given a choice, our family has usually trended toward the "campus" style resorts as having a connection to the outdoors is important to us. But tastes definitely vary.

Last edited:

spresso81

That pool is smaller than a pool you would find at a Days Inn. Who is stoked for the privilege to wade in a 3ft deep kids pool for a $900 a night studio. The people who approved this whole project should be fired and would have been under prior management.

This size pool would have been more acceptable if this was still a "beach" hotel or if not .5 mile away from the main pools which are already overcrowded.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
If we’ve learned anything here in the last week is that Disney isn’t every good at shooting videos. Wouldn’t be shocked if they shot an entire promo video for these rooms and didn’t adjust white balance or something

They are awful. We watched them film the current disneyworld website interstertial at the Poly last September for days.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
So devils advocate, what transportation is closer to the new tower ? Is it GF or Poly ? We've walked quite a few times between the two and it's halfway between both.

James Alucobond

That pool seems really small for the number of rooms there.

Obviously they can go use the other Polynesian pools too, but I think they're already pretty crowded.
From the plan, it doesn't look terribly different from the Oasis Pool in terms of size. IIRC, there was also space potentially reserved for a separate children's water play area, though I'm not sure if that's actually happening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom