News Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show will not reopen and is permanently closed according to reports

correcaminos

Not harping on the ducks. I'm harping on D tearing at the heart of the Poly. We can't have an area that's a peaceful walk without monetization? The Monorail resorts will be majority DVC. I don't see that as a good thing. Glad you're going to enjoy it.
To each their own for sure. I just made that walk last week after hearing about the new tower and I actually smiled knowing there will be more to Polynesian. As a long time lover I know it has always changed and always grown. It was never stagnant.

Not sure I understand your comment about majority DVC. You mean number of rooms? That, I'd have to calculate, but DVC has been there at all for a while mostly because the deluxe rooms simply do not book. Let us DVC people be happy about having 1 bedrooms finally at PVB.

Also the ducks have never been near Luau cove in my last dozens of walks. Only by the rooms where people are. I think they'll be fine though likely already too reliant on humans for food and interaction which tbh isn't good. I enjoy seeing them but we never interact with them. I assure you also the little anoles or lizards will be around too. People don't seem to scare them off.

jasminethecat

To each their own for sure. I just made that walk last week after hearing about the new tower and I actually smiled knowing there will be more to Polynesian. As a long time lover I know it has always changed and always grown. It was never stagnant.

Not sure I understand your comment about majority DVC. You mean number of rooms? That, I'd have to calculate, but DVC has been there at all for a while mostly because the deluxe rooms simply do not book. Let us DVC people be happy about having 1 bedrooms finally at PVB.

Also the ducks have never been near Luau cove in my last dozens of walks. Only by the rooms where people are. I think they'll be fine though likely already too reliant on humans for food and interaction which tbh isn't good. I enjoy seeing them but we never interact with them. I assure you also the little anoles or lizards will be around too. People don't seem to scare them off.
Thanks for jumping in on this, and this is what I was trying to say - that some people will appreciate this change from Spirit of Aloha to a new DVC option. It's not a purely negative thing. I get that some people will miss the dining option, that some people may have really loved the luau, but at least this is more than a simple reduction. I also get why some people hate the money driven direction disney has taken recently, especially when they make short-sighted decisions which are unsustainable.

Unfortunately that conversation went off the rails yesterday, but I took my meds today so we'll see what happens.

TikibirdLand

Oh yeah, I was talking #of DVC units vs hotel units. This tower should push the number in DVC's favor.
Our room was near the lake, near the walkway. Maybe the ducks can't come there anymore due to the fencing. Last time we stayed there, my kids were too old to look for wildlife. But, my wife and I enjoyed the quiet stroll around the grounds. It's their property to do as they will. It's my vacation dollars to do as I like. We struck the Poly off our list.

correcaminos

Thanks for jumping in on this, and this is what I was trying to say - that some people will appreciate this change from Spirit of Aloha to a new DVC option. It's not a purely negative thing. I get that some people will miss the dining option, that some people may have really loved the luau, but at least this is more than a simple reduction. I also get why some people hate the money driven direction disney has taken recently, especially when they make short-sighted decisions which are unsustainable.

Unfortunately that conversation went off the rails yesterday, but I took my meds today so we'll see what happens.
I admit after our last time eating there we wouldn't have gone back anyway. That was in 2015. There are other options we dind better in terms of food and entertainment. I get some loved it and respect that.

Oh yeah, I was talking #of DVC units vs hotel units. This tower should push the number in DVC's favor.
Our room was near the lake, near the walkway. Maybe the ducks can't come there anymore due to the fencing. Last time we stayed there, my kids were too old to look for wildlife. But, my wife and I enjoyed the quiet stroll around the grounds. It's their property to do as they will. It's my vacation dollars to do as I like. We struck the Poly off our list.
Depends on how big the unit is. I’ve seen as many as 200 rooms and as few as 80 reported.

I was just in Moorea last week. The ducks were there. Once we got past Fiji and Aotearoa no ducks. But I haven’t seen any ducks on the path to the old Luau as far as my brain can remember. The grounds of the last build remain the same more or less in spite of storms and such.

You can do as you wish and be upset as you are, but I do think your wildlife concern is highly unfounded. We lost track of the animals we saw. My 14yo hasn't outgrown hunting for wildlife yet. But I do admit we prefer places like Polynesian to RR or BLT due to the lack of greenery in the area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom