New Enhancements, Dining Options Coming to Disney’s BoardWalk

DCBaker

Premium Member
The Cake Bake Shop website has been recently updated and has removed the word "early" from the target opening timeframe in 2024

Here's a before and after screenshot.

Screenshot 2023-11-24 at 2.51.56 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-02-19 at 2.54.06 PM.png

KDM31091

I feel like Boardwalk needs a good middle of the road priced restaurant or a true quick service. Trattoria is nice, but not exactly inexpensive and a small menu. Flying Fish is pricey. The Boardwalk Deli is pretty limited. They need an accessible, moderate option. Cake Bake doesn't seem like it's going to fill that.

TrainsOfDisney

Items, potentially yes, but prices, not so much. Their burger costs $25. A side order of fries is $11. Even a grilled cheese off the kid's menu is $14.

And that's assuming they don't increase the prices because it's at Disney.
I’m not sure any sit down place at the boardwalk would have better prices than that.

UNCgolf

I’m not sure any sit down place at the boardwalk would have better prices than that.

ESPN Club and Big River Grille were both significantly cheaper (burgers between $15-20 and kid's menu items for less than $10) -- Cake Bake Shop is basically on par with Trattoria al Forno.

The biggest benefit will be that it's open for lunch, since Trattoria and Flying Fish aren't, but I don't think it will fill the niche the original poster was looking for.

Last edited:

mastromjm

In the Parks
Yes
Opening day Magic Kingdom began construction in May 1969 and opened October 1971.
Cake Bake Shop began construction December 2022 and had to delete the "early" from its already multiple-times-delayed 2024 date.

Wow. Anybody wanna ask Gwendolyn what's up?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom