New Enhancements, Dining Options Coming to Disney’s BoardWalk

Smiley/OCD

Having bagel breakfast sandwiches available is smart and much needed.
Well, to have a REAL NJ bagel joint, you need Taylor Ham/pork roll egg and cheese s/p/k…yes, to make them right, the bagels need to be boiled then baked, but more importantly, you need the right water!! Rule of thumb…if gators live in it, it’s NOT the right water…

Smiley/OCD

There's a menu up on the page posted above, but I hope it's not the final menu.

I know it's a Disney QS place, but to only have 4 sandwiches available, one of which is a grilled cheese and one is veggie, isn't exactly my idea of a deli. There's nothing there I'd even want for lunch/dinner -- I'm not a big fan of deli ham or capicola, and that's really all they have. I could eat a ham and swiss if I had to, but for $10.50?
You’re lucky…they could have chopped liver and tongue sandwiches…

kateem

I really don't see how this going to change much of anything.

Based on the press release blog (not the online menu), this isn't converting a bakery into a deli, this is changing a bakery SIGN into a deli SIGN. The are serving exactly what they have served for years -- 2-4 sandwiches and some baked goods.

I would guess the name change is because guests didn't think of a "bakery" for lunch/dinner food, which increased the constant complaints about the lack of quick options on the Boardwalk. Now they will have the same problem, because people won't think of a "deli" for breakfast, although those complaints can be tempered by the new coffee place of the Boardwalk lobby.

Call it "Boardwalk Quick Eats" or some such nonsense, and the problem is solved.

The more interesting part of this to me is that it's being done so quickly. I would expect Disney to spread the CAPEX for a sign change across three fiscal years, somehow.

Ayla

I really don't see how this going to change much of anything.

Based on the press release blog (not the online menu), this isn't converting a bakery into a deli, this is changing a bakery SIGN into a deli SIGN. The are serving exactly what they have served for years -- 2-4 sandwiches and some baked goods.

I would guess the name change is because guests didn't think of a "bakery" for lunch/dinner food, which increased the constant complaints about the lack of quick options on the Boardwalk. Now they will have the same problem, because people won't think of a "deli" for breakfast, although those complaints can be tempered by the new coffee place of the Boardwalk lobby.

Call it "Boardwalk Quick Eats" or some such nonsense, and the problem is solved.

The more interesting part of this to me is that it's being done so quickly. I would expect Disney to spread the CAPEX for a sign change across three fiscal years, somehow.
There will be a bakery and a deli, both new.

kateem

There will be a bakery and a deli, both new.
I was referring to the bakery becoming a deli only, and that's not really a change.

"Cake Bake", along with a awful name, is targeted at the opposite of me (and ESPN was very much a place I would hang out all day, since I've lost all interest in the parks, but I haven't felt like selling my DVC points). I've seen what the ownership and patrons of a place like "Cake Bake" are, and they terrify me and I don't want to be around them (nor they around me).

dreday3

I was referring to the bakery becoming a deli only, and that's not really a change.

"Cake Bake", along with a awful name, is targeted at the opposite of me (and ESPN was very much a place I would hang out all day, since I've lost all interest in the parks, but I haven't felt like selling my DVC points). I've seen what the ownership and patrons of a place like "Cake Bake" are, and they terrify me and I don't want to be around them (nor they around me).

It's not a deli only.

It will have breakfast sandwiches, regular sandwiches, bagels, soups, desserts, pastries, bread...and dill pickles!

I've never been in a Cake Bake and probably won't go here, but aren't the patrons like moms and daughters eating cakes, little sandwiches, drinking champagne and tea and doing girly things? That terrifies you? 😂

UNCgolf

Full menus for the upcoming BoardWalk Deli coming mid-August to Disney's BoardWalk​

The breakfast menu is definitely improved, but the lunch/dinner menu isn't that different from the previous location. Some changes, but not really any expansion.

Not that I'm surprised by that, but it would have been nice if they'd expanded it out to offer a larger variety of sandwiches.

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The breakfast menu is definitely improved, but the lunch/dinner menu isn't that different from the previous location. Some changes, but not really any expansion.

Not that I'm surprised by that, but it would have been nice if they'd expanded it out to offer a larger variety of sandwiches.

Hey, whoa now. That would require more than a thimble's worth of effort on Disney's part. Stop with that kind of crazy talk.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom