The Muppets Mayhem (Disney+ Series)

erasure fan1

The only good thing I will say about the non renewal is that the season was effectively self contained and felt complete. A new season would have had to come up with a new premise and there’s a decent chance it would have either been subpar or felt repetitive. So maybe going out on top is good.

Hopefully they will keep the series on the service and not purge it like they have for other quality offerings (I’m still annoyed about losing Earth to Ned, Mysterious Benedict Society, etc)
That's a good point. It did seem like the creators a had bigger plans for the show though. My thought is the show was a great starting point to bring the Muppets back into the fold. Season two could have brought in a few other characters to help move things along.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Finishing up the show now, I'm sad this isn't getting a 2nd season and that Disney is just quick to cancel anything Muppets related.
Everyone can play cancellation bingo with reasons as to why their favorite show had been canceled but I really don't understand why this one was unless it just failed to attract "enough" viewers, but even still, I feel like Disney might have been too quick to cancel it.

There's a point where it's not worth my time as a potential viewer to watch a show if I'm already of the opinion that Disney's commitment to a second season is slim. If they don't have confidence in their own product why should I as a subscriber?

Last edited:

erasure fan1

There's a point where it's not worth my time as a potential viewer to watch a show if I'm already of the opinion that Disney's commitment to a second season is slim. If they don't have confidence in their own product why should I as a subscriber?
That's a good point for sure. If a well received, emmy award winner, number one album with a reasonable budget can't make it. I don't have a lot of confidence in anything else.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom