The Muppets Mayhem (Disney+ Series)

Wendy Pleakley

They can't even be bothered to update Muppet Vision. I can't imagine Disney adding an additional Muppet attraction.

A new movie would be an inexpensive way to breathe life into something that is really really really outdated.

It's not bad, and I appreciate it is Henson's final project, but a movie in 2023 extolling the magic of 3D? And poor 3D at that. Make a new movie.

erasure fan1

They can't even be bothered to update Muppet Vision. I can't imagine Disney adding an additional Muppet attraction.

A new movie would be an inexpensive way to breathe life into something that is really really really outdated.

It's not bad, and I appreciate it is Henson's final project, but a movie in 2023 extolling the magic of 3D? And poor 3D at that. Make a new movie.
Until they can prove they can consistently make top quality Muppet content. I don't think a new movie should be done. The kind of sad fact is that Muppet vision, as out dated as some effects can be, still holds up better than any of the 3d shows in Disney in my opinion. Maybe remaster the film with the 3d tech Lucas developed when he was re-releasing the prequels. And update the Waldo CG because that is by far the most outdated part of the attraction. The show is still very funny, with some fun AAs and Sweetums is great.

Cmdr_Crimson

And update the Waldo CG because that is by far the most outdated part of the attraction.
Fun thing to point out about that was this was to introduce their digital puppetry for their studio.. The animation at the time was done by Pacific Data Images or PDI..The animation studio that became Dreamworks animation..

Ever since then they have acquired their own animation dept as they have been using digital puppetry for several projects since..

sedati

Three episodes in and I'm enjoying this very much. It's light and fun, but I genuinely enjoy the humor and feel this "feels" right if that makes muppety sense. If you've bemoaned the lack of Muppet content and not at least given this a chance, then you are part of the reason there might not be much Muppet content.

Phroobar

Three episodes in and I'm enjoying this very much. It's light and fun, but I genuinely enjoy the humor and feel this "feels" right if that makes muppety sense. If you've bemoaned the lack of Muppet content and not at least given this a chance, then you are part of the reason there might not be much Muppet content.
The show always has that moment at the end when one of the Muppets resolves the problem with the humans and makes everything okay. It is a good show.

I liked the Cheech and Chong cameo.

erasure fan1

but I genuinely enjoy the humor and feel this "feels" right if that makes muppety sense.
It makes perfect sense. It's a similar thing with star wars for me. I might not be able to describe exactly what feels like star wars. But I know what feels right as soon as I see it. And this show gets it pretty darn close. A lot of what Disney has done with the muppets feels like an imitation and a bit forced. This doesn't.

SJN1279

I’m 7 episodes down, and I think the show is fantastic. Best Muppet project maybe ever?!

I would love to see them incorporate the Mayhem into the theme parks!

sedati

I’m 7 episodes down, and I think the show is fantastic. Best Muppet project maybe ever?!

There was a rumor long ago of having the bus appear in the parks.

Phroobar

The obvious choice would be Rock n Rollercoaster featuring the Electric Mayhem but Disney isn't smart enough for that one.

erasure fan1

Not by a long shot. The best Muppet project, outside of movies, is the unedited, original version of Muppet family Christmas. Best under Disneys control? Absolutely. It's by far the closest Disney has come to recreating the Henson/Oz Muppets.

As far as the parks go. I would love for them to add an attraction to the Muppet courtyard area. Unfortunately, I don't see them investing in that area with Muppets because of costs. And as much as it makes sense thematically to redo rockin rollercoaster with the mayhem. I see no chance they have 2 Muppet attractions on opposite sides of the park.

I wouldn't say no to moving Muppet vision by rockin rollercoaster and making that area the new Muppets courtyard. Complete with the full original Muppet fountain. Bam! You're welcome Disney.

Last edited:

sedati

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom