The Muppets Mayhem (Disney+ Series)

Wendy Pleakley

Watched the first episode and this is a pretty fun show.

I like the portrayal of the band as free wheeling musicians who just want to do their own thing outside of the conventional norms, including an oh so subtle as to remain family friendly line confirming they're pot heads, or were back in the day.

Feels like classic Muppets including the requisite cameos that continue to be a hallmark of the franchise.

Any scenes involving visual effects do highlight how glaringly cheap this show is, but it's fine. Better to be a cheap and (hopefully) moderate hit than something that doesn't justify its budget.

Phroobar

It is a fun show. The Muppets are good. The humans are over acted. The effects are pretty cheap. It feels like it aimed at younger audiences.

erasure fan1

Feels like classic Muppets including the requisite cameos that continue to be a hallmark of the franchise.
I've only watched 2 episodes so far, but it's captured the feel of th muppets fantastically. Janice has been terrible under Disney, but this is the closest they've gotten her. All of the personalities are good.
It is a fun show. The Muppets are good. The humans are over acted. The effects are pretty cheap. It feels like it aimed at younger audiences.
Disney has had an issue with the human characters in most of what they've done. The muppets was a great start but was a bit too the Jason Segal show. What they haven't figured out is how to keep the muppets the focus and the humans the secondary focus. That said, so far I don't mind the human characters.

Yea the special effects are strange. The funny part is why did you even need special effects for most of it. They used cg for them spilling paint. Here's a thought, just spill a couple cans of paint. Lol

Wendy Pleakley

I've only watched 2 episodes so far, but it's captured the feel of th muppets fantastically. Janice has been terrible under Disney, but this is the closest they've gotten her. All of the personalities are good.

Disney has had an issue with the human characters in most of what they've done. The muppets was a great start but was a bit too the Jason Segal show. What they haven't figured out is how to keep the muppets the focus and the humans the secondary focus. That said, so far I don't mind the human characters.

Yea the special effects are strange. The funny part is why did you even need special effects for most of it. They used cg for them spilling paint. Here's a thought, just spill a couple cans of paint. Lol

As I said, I'm okay with the cheap effects if it means the show can exist.

However, it does make me miss Jim Henson.

There's no way he puts a muppet in a hot tub with CGI water/bubbles. He builds a contraption that allows a muppet to actually be in a tub full of water with a puppeteer operating it.

See the Kermit swamp scene in the first movie of an example of the level of artistry that existed under Henson.

erasure fan1

As I said, I'm okay with the cheap effects if it means the show can exist.

However, it does make me miss Jim Henson.

There's no way he puts a muppet in a hot tub with CGI water/bubbles. He builds a contraption that allows a muppet to actually be in a tub full of water with a puppeteer operating it.

See the Kermit swamp scene in the first movie of an example of the level of artistry that existed under Henson.
I'm with you 100%. Just look at the effort they went through for the bike riding scene in muppets take Manhattan. In this show, it would be a green screen with some cgi. It does look like a lot of the sets are straight up green screen. That said, I'm still very much liking the show. They've done a great job with the muppets. It has some of that edgier humor, and isn't just aimed at 8yr olds. Henson always did a fantastic job at making the muppets so kids would like them. But also put a lot in there that adults would like too.

I will say that one thing Disney can learn from the Henson era, is sometimes simple is just better. Need a muppet to get knocked across the screen? Just throw the puppet across the screen. If you can do practical, it just works better with the muppets.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Just finished the first episode.
Liked it a lot. I can however see what everyone is saying about the CGI. Seemed needless when they could have just used regular effects.

erasure fan1

Just finished the series. I have to say, I will put this as my favorite Disney+ series with Mando season 1 & 2. You can NEVER replace a Jim Henson. But this was as close to capturing the original spirit of the characters since The Muppet Christmas Carol. Every episode had so many laugh out loud moments. They did great job with the attention to detail as well as the fan service and Easter eggs. Things like eating croonchy stars cereal, awesome. This might sound funny, but Disney should probably talk to the show runners about pacing and show structure. Because it's some of the best on the platform. Marvel and star wars could learn a few things from it for sure. If we don't get a baby animal plush and those electric mayhem Minecraft skins, it will be a travesty. Lol

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member

Muppets take a trip aboard EPCOT's Spaceship Earth at Walt Disney World​

Terrible!

SSE didn't slow down, stop, or break down once during the entire video. You heard no loud clanking from the ride system and all of the screens seemed to work. Completely FAKE. Di$ney only cares about $$$. Childhood ruined.

Cmdr_Crimson

erasure fan1

That would be the obvious choice. A retheming of Rock N Roller Coaster staring the Electric Mayhem. I'd book a ticket to Florida just for that.
It really does make a lot of sense. My only real objection would be splitting the Muppets into two different areas. Because if that happens, Muppet vision would be closed for sure. Other than that, it would really be a smart move. Imagine a fully AA electric Mayhem playing as you exit. Unfortunately all they would probably do, is a screen of them performing.

Cmdr_Crimson

It really does make a lot of sense. My only real objection would be splitting the Muppets into two different areas. Because if that happens, Muppet vision would be closed for sure. Other than that, it would really be a smart move. Imagine a fully AA electric Mayhem playing as you exit. Unfortunately all they would probably do, is a screen of them performing.
If we have 3 star wars attractions in different locations..We can have another Muppet attraction in another location...

erasure fan1

If we have 3 star wars attractions in different locations..We can have another Muppet attraction in another location...
While I agree, unfortunately the Muppets aren't star wars. Disney has already killed one Muppet vision. If they took over Rockin rollercoaster, I can't see them not using the Muppet vision space as star wars expansion. I say add a electric mayhem coaster by Muppet vision and make it a full mini land. That's the real answer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom