EPCOT Forever to return?

TheEPCOTHistorian

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
So... The past few nights, Harmonious has run much different pyro. I realized most of the shells were from Illuminations and EPCOT Forever. With that in mind, Harmonious has had an awful couple of weeks. Rumor is that it's going to be altered, and crowds are non existent. This got me thinking: Harmonious will have to go down to be updated. So now I'm thinking: could we see EPCOT Forever return? Them using EPCOT Forever pyro continuously now doesn't seem like a coincidence. It seems like a test. I see two scenarios.

1. Harmonious runs all summer in awful shape, angering third party restaurants and dissappointing crowds. EPCOT Forever returns for the 40th, and Harmonious returns "new".

2. Harmonious goes down in the near future, with EPCOT Forever returning, satisfying summer crowds and slightly pleasing restaurants. Then Harmonious returns "new" for the 40th.

Really there's no way it continues this bad. A mortar bounced off a taco last night.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Lots of wishful thinking.
3CF5FDC5-3FED-491F-AF8F-E3EEB36755A7.jpeg

This is Cheapeks baby. It’s not going anyplace. (Literally and Figuratively)

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Option C: Harmodious continues as-is, they tweak things off-hours/behind the scenes, and dining discounts are offered to entice guests to spend on dining packages.

Full disclosure: I’ve not seen this show, even though I had opportunities in November. I’ve not watched videos. They lost me when they ruined the lagoon. I don’t make many comments about the show content, if any, because of that, but company decisions… Yeah. 😬

TheEPCOTHistorian

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Well since I can not find one dining reservation I don't think they are doing to bad, sadly
That's property wide. EPCOT dies after about 8 it seems these days. It was impossible to find a reservation during Epcot Forever too, yet they still complained.

Splashin' Ryan

I think even to the untrained Disney guest, them announcing the semi-permanent replacement of harmonious only months after it debuted would not look very good from a pr perspective.

Also since when was Epcot forever such a smash hit that it would be the automatic replacement?

TheEPCOTHistorian

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I think even to the untrained Disney guest, them announcing the semi-permanent replacement of harmonious only months after it debuted would not look very good from a pr perspective.

Also since when was Epcot forever such a smash hit that it would be the automatic replacement?
Given that the any other worthy show would require unique infrastructure, EF seems like the most crowd pleasing option to me. IROE wouldn't work with nothing in the lagoon. EF is cheap, simple, and classic. Not to mention they have so much pyro that they've been using this week, oddly enough. Also, EF's launcher floats are still used in Harmonious, so we have everything needed to put on the show.

Last edited:

TheEPCOTHistorian

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Whether or not it proves the theory, tonight's Harmonious was done entirely with Epcot Forever pyro. 100%, completely.

TheEPCOTHistorian

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I dont recall EF having taco sparklers like the current show but I could be having alcohol induced amnesia.
Forgot about those. But off my hand I counted the Universe of Energy rings, Makin Memories twirls, and others. I think the finale and the cakes are all that stayed normal from Harm.

Movielover

Forgot about those. But off my hand I counted the Universe of Energy rings, Makin Memories twirls, and others. I think the finale and the cakes are all that stayed normal from Harm.
So then that wouldn't be 100% EF as you claimed. I'm sorry but I think you are really grasping here. No way they bring back EF right now. This has to be just a supply issue.

Disstevefan1

So... The past few nights, Harmonious has run much different pyro. I realized most of the shells were from Illuminations and EPCOT Forever. With that in mind, Harmonious has had an awful couple of weeks. Rumor is that it's going to be altered, and crowds are non existent. This got me thinking: Harmonious will have to go down to be updated. So now I'm thinking: could we see EPCOT Forever return? Them using EPCOT Forever pyro continuously now doesn't seem like a coincidence. It seems like a test. I see two scenarios.

1. Harmonious runs all summer in awful shape, angering third party restaurants and dissappointing crowds. EPCOT Forever returns for the 40th, and Harmonious returns "new".

2. Harmonious goes down in the near future, with EPCOT Forever returning, satisfying summer crowds and slightly pleasing restaurants. Then Harmonious returns "new" for the 40th.

Really there's no way it continues this bad. A mortar bounced off a taco last night.
Since we are stuck with the barges, it would be cool if they created a new version of Illuminations that would work with the new hardware :)

Tom Morrow

As much as lifelong WDW fans, Epcot purists, etc, dislike or hate Harmonious (myself included), the general public things neutrally or positively about it, so it probably isn't going anywhere for a while.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom