Iconic Purple Directional Signs Being Replaced

Stripes

Premium Member
What is going on with the switch to the blue and yellow signage. Has there been any movement on the switch on CFTOD owned roads other than the digital signage since CFTOD took over Reedy Creek?

Some of the old signs are so faded you can’t even read them. I believe road signs are the responsibility of Reedy Creek Energy Services (Disney subsidiary) if I’m not mistaken.

View attachment 803789

View attachment 803790
I did a bit of digging. The signage the spans the whole road (photo on top) is located on the Disney-owned portion of Osceola Parkway. The exit sign could be either CFTOD or Disney as the road changes ownership right at the exit.

CoasterFan27

I wonder about the visibility of these signs. There’s a reason the old signs were purple and standard highway signs are brighter colors and shades. Add in some rain or fog and that looks like it’ll be hard to see.
As someone not tied to the nostalgia of childhood visits to the park, the new scheme seems objectively clearer and honestly less cheap looking.

JohnD

What is going on with the switch to the blue and yellow signage. Has there been any movement on the switch on CFTOD owned roads other than the digital signage since CFTOD took over Reedy Creek?

Some of the old signs are so faded you can’t even read them. I believe road signs are the responsibility of Reedy Creek Energy Services (Disney subsidiary) if I’m not mistaken.

View attachment 803789

View attachment 803790
Whatever color the new signs, these are definitely in dire need of replacement.

Stripes

Premium Member
Ouch! I wonder how long it’ll take to get this fixed.

IMG_1045.jpeg

Comped

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom