News 2022 EPCOT International Flower and Garden Festival

TikibirdLand

This has been the only gift for the 50th that I will gladly keep. The rest, I’d try to return to Target and say “I lost the receipt.”
This is the one area that I really don't understand about WDW management. How can you do the EPCoT entrance so right and literally destroy the rest of Future World? And, yes, I'm talking about what they added behind the UoE and allowing the decay and destruction of Innoventions, WoL and FoN. This park is now the Food, Wine, Flower, Garden, butterflies, birds, and beer park. So sad.

RSoxNo1

This is the one area that I really don't understand about WDW management. How can you do the EPCoT entrance so right and literally destroy the rest of Future World? And, yes, I'm talking about what they added behind the UoE and allowing the decay and destruction of Innoventions, WoL and FoN. This park is now the Food, Wine, Flower, Garden, butterflies, birds, and beer park. So sad.
I'm not really worried about destroying the aesthetic of future world. What was previously in the center of future world was not special at all. The combination of green space and futuristic looking trees will be substantially better than coaster supports and stretched out tent flaps that fan out from a pin cart.

Now if you want to talk sightlines, that's a completely different aesthetic concern.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I'm not really worried about destroying the aesthetic of future world. What was previously in the center of future world was not special at all. The combination of green space and futuristic looking trees will be substantially better than coaster supports and stretched out tent flaps that fan out from a pin cart.

Now if you want to talk sightlines, that's a completely different aesthetic concern.
Getting rid of the FoN was a travesty and completely unnecessary...

JohnD

Getting rid of the FoN was a travesty and completely unnecessary...

Took me a moment to mean you were referring to Fountain of Nations. Yeah, I could understand turning it off, refurbing it during construction, and not opening it again for several years comparable to the MK railroad during TRON construction but to remove it altogether definitely was a travesty.

ToTBellHop

I never saw it as a bottle neck. The pin trading kiosk? Yeah. FoN? No. It did force crowds to decide whether to go left or right though. Seemed like a good way to break crowds up. Going left was always a good idea until Frozen was built.
The structure of FoN had issues, so it definitely should have been rebuilt and a more modern fountain could have been even more impressive with a smaller footprint. I’m hoping they rethink their plans for the center of the park. It really needs something more dramatic than…a beer garden?

TikibirdLand

The structure of FoN had issues, so it definitely should have been rebuilt and a more modern fountain could have been even more impressive with a smaller footprint. I’m hoping they rethink their plans for the center of the park. It really needs something more dramatic than…a beer garden?
Seems management sees epcot as Disney Springs II. Don't they already have a beer garden in Germany? I would have like them keep Future World free of alcohol. But, that ship has sailed. Does anyone have a vision for what the park should be anymore? Some factions want "old epcot without the old epcot" (i.e. SSE and front restoration) but without the edutainment. I'm not sure they know what that actually looks like.

Others want to extend the festivals outside of World Showcase because the food kiosks are blocking the pathways making it very crowded. So, their solution is to build a festival space in place of Future World. It's greenlit because the numbers show that it will be a big profit center.

Sounds like the same battle of 40 years ago when no one could decide between a World's Fair and a showcase of innovation and technology. This time, it's festivals and... ?

tpoly88

Seems management sees epcot as Disney Springs II. Don't they already have a beer garden in Germany? I would have like them keep Future World free of alcohol. But, that ship has sailed. Does anyone have a vision for what the park should be anymore? Some factions want "old epcot without the old epcot" (i.e. SSE and front restoration) but without the edutainment. I'm not sure they know what that actually looks like.

Others want to extend the festivals outside of World Showcase because the food kiosks are blocking the pathways making it very crowded. So, their solution is to build a festival space in place of Future World. It's greenlit because the numbers show that it will be a big profit center.

Sounds like the same battle of 40 years ago when no one could decide between a World's Fair and a showcase of innovation and technology. This time, it's festivals and... ?
Im with you, as a person that has been going to the F&W for 22 years and other festivals, i do believe the festival should be in the WS and not future world. It should be the reason you go to WS. I guess its changing as they put more and more attractions in WS but i agree. on a side note, i was just there this past Sunday and the F&G really looked great, the flowers were triple last year and everything looked how it should. Again i get a little frustrated at the kiosks, as again everything is sugar, sugar and sugar upon sugar. I cant have any of this and it was hard just to get a regular glass of wine outside the original wine tasting trail in Epcot or even a non-flavored beer. I know Disney's stats say this is what people want this but sheesh.. I hope the F&W actually has more wine this year but i can see the direction they are going.

dreday3

Im with you, as a person that has been going to the F&W for 22 years and other festivals, i do believe the festival should be in the WS and not future world. It should be the reason you go to WS. I guess its changing as they put more and more attractions in WS but i agree. on a side note, i was just there this past Sunday and the F&G really looked great, the flowers were triple last year and everything looked how it should. Again i get a little frustrated at the kiosks, as again everything is sugar, sugar and sugar upon sugar. I cant have any of this and it was hard just to get a regular glass of wine outside the original wine tasting trail in Epcot or even a non-flavored beer. I know Disney's stats say this is what people want this but sheesh.. I hope the F&W actually has more wine this year but i can see the direction they are going.

I couldn't agree more about SUGAR. All the cocktails, even ones that are "spicy" have some kind of sugary juice or syrup in them. At the kiosks, resorts, restaurants. I can't stand it! :D
I either order a cocktail not on the menu or wine.

I will say one I had from Morocco - fig vodka cocktail - was good. It had a sweetness, but not overpowering. But I would only get one.

ToTBellHop

This spread began over a decade ago when they decided it was okay to close Wonders of Life to use it for festivals because (gasp) it rains in Florida.

Just use an expansion pad in World Showcase to build one…that spot in front of Rat likely could house enough square footage and it would block Rat from view.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom