News A look at the refurbished Monorail Coral on the Walt Disney World Monorail System

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Monorail_Full_45054.jpg

SpectroMagician

Good to see they are at least upkeeping them. No real need to completely replace them, almost a bit of nostalgia with the current ones at this point so just keep them in good shape.

JohnD

Assuming the blue delta is to distinguish it from Monorail Red. The red and coral colors are likely slightly different but probably easy to mistake coral for red without the delta.

Occasional Guest

Assuming the blue delta is to distinguish it from Monorail Red. The red and coral colors are likely slightly different but probably easy to mistake coral for red without the delta.
I could be wrong, but I thought I had read on this site that all the Monorails are getting a Delta? Please correct me if I am mistaken.

Monorail_Red

Unlike many others Coral always had a delta but it used to be white, to distinguish it from the former Monorail Pink. I heard earlier this year all the trains were getting deltas that did not have them previously, however Gold was skipped when it was repainted this year. I'm not crazy about the trains receiving deltas that didn't have them previously. The new black window vents replacing the old gray ones does look very sharp, however. For Coral I'm just happy that the stripe is no longer multiple shades of Coral and the deltas are no longer crooked. The previous paint job looked really bad, to those who pay attention to the details...

JoeCamel

Rode her last night. Can attest the heat works! Lol. It does look sharp with the new black vents. Am I the only one though that finds the driver announcements should go back to automated? Some just slur it so much now I feel like I’m back in NY on the subway.
They need to take a cue from boat skippers and good airline pilots being descriptive and animated but I think management might frown on them diverting their attention to do that.

DomVF07

They need to take a cue from boat skippers and good airline pilots being descriptive and animated but I think management might frown on them diverting their attention to do that.
I mean maybe I’m crazy but I distinctively remember all announcements being automated? When did the change take place I know it’s been at least a decade?

JoeCamel

I mean maybe I’m crazy but I distinctively remember all announcements being automated? When did the change take place I know it’s been at least a decade?
I think with the ATC system but my logic says it should be easier to automate them than have the pilot do them.

Monorail_Red

So about the spiels...I've been there 4 times this year, and noticed this issue only on the recently refurbished trains. The automated spiels including "please stand clear of the doors" were not working for the most part. I mentioned it to a pilot and they just shrugged it off as not being a big deal. Kindof striking to me they're running like that, back when I used to work there we would take a train out of service for that issue if it's not something that could be quickly fixed outside shop. I hope they've since fixed this or are at least working on it. I believe the manual spiels are due to the door incident on Red a few years ago, that's when they started the manual announcements before departing. Probably a legal thing. And will likely be a bigger legal thing if they don't fix at least the "please stand clear of the doors" spiel, if not already rectified.

DomVF07

Funny you should mention that. On corals the “automated” was a lot quieter than when the pilot came on. Didn’t notice at first since we’re just so used to hearing it.

Walt d

Unlike many others Coral always had a delta but it used to be white, to distinguish it from the former Monorail Pink. I heard earlier this year all the trains were getting deltas that did not have them previously, however Gold was skipped when it was repainted this year. I'm not crazy about the trains receiving deltas that didn't have them previously. The new black window vents replacing the old gray ones does look very sharp, however. For Coral I'm just happy that the stripe is no longer multiple shades of Coral and the deltas are no longer crooked. The previous paint job looked really bad, to those who pay attention to the details...
Looking good. It was past time, for a redo’

Monorail_Red

Looking good. It was past time, for a redo’
Part of the issue was the repaints they did in the late 90's/early 2000's were horrendous. Thats when Lime's original blue deltas were replaced with white, but the original blue still poked through as the new paint layer peeled off. Coral had multiple shades and sloppy deltas, some trains were missing the D's at the cabs or they were way out of place. Red had a wavy/uneven stripe on the access panels. Pink (and for a while Teal) had pink overspray on the accordions between cars. It was pretty bad. Never understood why the Monorails were exempt from Disney's attention to detail

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Good to see they are at least upkeeping them. No real need to completely replace them, almost a bit of nostalgia with the current ones at this point so just keep them in good shape.
Depends. Did Disney fix the ventilation for passengers?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom