News Fantasmic!, Festival of Fantasy Parade and Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire to return to Walt Disney World

jrhwdw

So I guess with a light parade, they’d go back to one afternoon parade at 3 pm, maybe a single cavalcade (or not…) and then the light parade at 9 pm. Another cast would be required to show it again at 11 pm it seems.
What did MK do pre 2016??? 1 FOF, 3 MISI, 1-2 MSEPs?

Why did FOF go only to once per day a couple of weeks ago?

FOF was Twice a day for months with Adv. Friends and the Hoedown.

Squishy

No Fire tonight on F!s Lagoon, I think it's Broke.........
I'm wondering if its some sensitive wind checklist that got added after the DL fire because WOC seems to have a similar thing with the big flame thrower where it gets disabled with the slightest of gusts. It was windy today.

SpectroBro

In the Parks
Yes
So I guess with a light parade, they’d go back to one afternoon parade at 3 pm, maybe a single cavalcade (or not…) and then the light parade at 9 pm. Another cast would be required to show it again at 11 pm it seems.
What did MK do pre 2016??? 1 FOF, 3 MISI, 1-2 MSEPs?

Why did FOF go only to once per day a couple of weeks ago?

FOF was Twice a day for months with Adv. Friends and the Hoedown.
Some did Trolley split to DEP, some did FoF, PM MiSi , DEP. some did DEP only. Some did FoF, Hoedown, DEP. Some did other meet and greets into DEP. There were also significantly more people trained in parade roles back then.

jrhwdw

Some did Trolley split to DEP, some did FoF, PM MiSi , DEP. some did DEP only. Some did FoF, Hoedown, DEP. Some did other meet and greets into DEP. There were also significantly more people trained in parade roles back then.
Trolley and DEP? That's a long shift! Plus the Train Station Welcome......

TTA94

Something I’m sure they are not dieing to go back to and giving cast more hours and hiring new ones lol.

ToTBellHop

Something I’m sure they are not dieing to go back to and giving cast more hours and hiring new ones lol.
They’d have Mickey and Minnie played by one person at the same time if they could like
1713897887793.gif

AJT607

I think we are now going on at least six consecutive nights with no Fantasmic! fire in any of the shows. Folks initially suggested that winds were to blame but we have had a couple nights that seemed relatively mild and still no fire. Is this an effect that is dead forever? It really kills the climax of the show to have a "b mode" with no fire. We're debating cancelling our dining packages for June because there's much less value in having a great seat front-and-center if this major special effect is dead/killed for the long term. Does anyone have intel on when/whether it is going to be restored? If all effort is currently on Anaheim's non-dragon relaunch, then I feel like there's a chance DHS F! could be suffering for quite some time, which is such a shame.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
I think we are now going on at least six consecutive nights with no Fantasmic! fire in any of the shows. Folks initially suggested that winds were to blame but we have had a couple nights that seemed relatively mild and still no fire. Is this an effect that is dead forever? It really kills the climax of the show to have a "b mode" with no fire. We're debating cancelling our dining packages for June because there's much less value in having a great seat front-and-center if this major special effect is dead/killed for the long term. Does anyone have intel on when/whether it is going to be restored? If all effort is currently on Anaheim's non-dragon relaunch, then I feel like there's a chance DHS F! could be suffering for quite some time, which is such a shame.
An effect missing for less than a week is far from it being a completely dead. I'm sure there's some sort of technical reason that it can't be done right now and it'll probably be back up as soon as possible. The original happily ever after spotlight effects in the beginning of the show were missing for well over a year before they returned. Just because something is missing for a week doesn't mean it's going to be gone forever sometimes Epcot doesn't do perimeters because it's too windy. Who knows what the reason could be but it'll definitely come back. I have no doubt about that. Also, I doubt this has anything to do with Disneyland Fantasmic.

gerarar

Premium Member
At this point it's probably either under some brief refurbishment or technically unavailable for some reason.

There have been past effects that disappeared from the show that eventually returned.
The trampoline stunts were out for about 4-ish months last year before finally returning. Laser projections onto the mountain disappear every once in a while, but eventually returns a few weeks/months later. Fire in the moat also went away for a couple weeks last year but eventually came back.
Currently the finale lasers are too missing, but that will eventually be fixed like before.

This is probably no different.
Also just a tip, if there are 2 shows being presented while you're there, you can easily get a center seat for the second show since it isn't blocked off/reserved.

Only one effect actually did permanently go away fairly recently. The physical fireball pyro shot that comes from the dragon's mouth was pulled after a near-miss towards some guests due to high winds back in December 2022. Hasn't been seen again since. And this was an impressive effect because this single fireball actually is what used to ignite the water instead of the current flamethrower in the barges.

Last edited:

TTA94

It is great that a light parade is in development but it would also be nice to know there are plans to address FoF in some way shape or form. @wdwmagic have you heard anything?

Last edited:

spectromagic04

Nothing on day parade so far. Think the focus is really on boosting other areas that are completely lacking right now.
Hopefully means new nighttime parade for MK, new DAK nighttime show and daytime parade at DHS? Wouldn’t mind if entertainment also returns like Main Street Trolley Show and Citizens of Hollywood. Try and get the overall entertainment back to pre covid standards. Even if FOF continues to limp.

TTA94

Nothing on day parade so far. Think the focus is really on boosting other areas that are completely lacking right now.

Thanks. DAK is definitely in need of a nighttime show and even a parade, but I don’t think they will go that far? and Studios could use a parade and maybe a different Chinese Theatre nighttime show, but mainly a parade.

As far as MK goes, is the reason they decided to give in and bring back a light parade because they feeling MK nights are lacking and HEA is no longer enough?

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Thanks. DAK is definitely in need of a nighttime show and even a parade, but I don’t think they will go that far? and Studios could use a parade and maybe a different Chinese Theatre nighttime show, but mainly a parade.

As far as MK goes, is the reason they decided to give in and bring back a light parade because they feeling MK nights are lacking and HEA is no longer enough?
This is a really cheap idea but I say bring over Wondrous Journeys and throw it on the Chinese theater.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom