News Unplanned ride system maintenance at The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror in Disney's Hollywood Studios

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Pre Covid Domestic CAPEX for parks was 4.3% of Revenue. We wont know if its roughly the same as it was for 3 months as theyre about to report Q4 of last year where they said capital projects were suspended cos of covid. They could of course sleep for the next 4 years on WDW Capex and then get a sudden shock to market share when Epic Universe opens in Summer 2025
Yes, we knew last years (2020-2021) capex would be lower than normal since they said so in their previous quarterly reports.

So, for the last quarter of 2021 (July - Oct 2021), capex is expected to be low. As they said it would.

Aren't you saying that in the new year of 2021-2022 that the capex will also be low? And if yes, how do you know that?

Rob562

I always thought the motors were taken out on the sides

If I'm not mistaken, the motors are back to back in the center, since the overall mechanism is wider than the shaft itself. So the two motors extend into the space over the center section between shafts. (That's also why the shafts on the 3-shaft Towers aren't quite evenly spaced across the front of the tower. They need to account for the center shaft's motor sticking out to one side)

Going from the center, you have the motor, then the cable spool over the center of the shaft, then the cable spool over the VVC counterweight along the outside side of the shaft.

-Rob

tommyhawkins

Yes, we knew last years (2020-2021) capex would be lower than normal since they said so in their previous quarterly reports.

So, for the last quarter of 2021 (July - Oct 2021), capex is expected to be low. As they said it would.

Aren't you saying that in the new year of 2021-2022 that the capex will also be low? And if yes, how do you know that?
just to be clear. Disney FY 2022 started on October 1st, and we're going to be hearing earnings on Q4 FY2021 this week.

Im saying in theory it *should* return to that 4.3% figure when we get the Q1 results in Feb.......but that doesn't take into account of them being tightasses and they could well continue to nickel and dime spending for the next few years, since there arent actually new projects announced and they let a few of higher earning WDI ppl go with golden handshakes cos they didnt wanna pay them to do nothing for a few years

Tom Morrow

Really hoping we can get the profiles restored to full power again. This, combined with the weak and out of sync audio, has turned the Florida Tower into a joke.

Epcot_Imagineer

I believe all of the articles I’m seeing on ToT wait times are indicative of only one motor getting a full replacement. Having one shaft down for an amount of time for testing and preparation after a replacement makes sense. If both shafts were replaced I’d imagine the entire attraction would be down for a certain period of time.

Rodj

Scaffolding was taken down and the wall where the hole is was put back in place looking at a stream from yesterday. While the streamers were pointing the camera at Tower, I was able to see Foxtrot do Profile 1 and then Profile 4 after. It still looks like Profile 1 is still the modified version, as it was sitting at the top longer. Interestingly when Profile 4 was going on, I saw an odd strobe flash inside of the shaft(not coming from the sign strobes) after the 2nd drop.

celluloid

They can't even get the RnRollercoaster exterior guitar signage refurbishment finished.(months now) I think something this big is going to take awhile.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom