News Southwest and Walt Disney World Resort unveil 50th anniversary aircraft

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
"Feel the magic reawakening" hits different coming out of COVID, NGL.

Yes, I'm saying this Corporate Branding exercise is hitting my Pixie Dust bone.

Is this the first time we've seen this song?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Southwest Airlines and Walt Disney World Resort celebrate 50th Anniversary of both companies with commemorative 737 aircraft​

Walt-Disney-Company_Full_44400.jpg

wtyy21

Is Southwest also becoming the Official Airline of Disneyland Resort?.) Because i heared that Alaska Airlines were cut its partnership with Disneyland

StarWarsGirl

SWA is our airline of choice. Their no penalty cancelation / rebooking was a godsend during my Mom's cancer battle. Plus, the free bags. I can usually wait for the right fare sale to find a cheap option. Christmas is the only time we really fly with set dates. Hope I get a chance to see the plane.
My grandma who's in her 80s quite often flies alone and they're so great with her. Even when I'm with her their staff is always so great, double checking that she needs anything, making sure she has help getting on the plane... they're fantastic. The only time I fly anyone else is to go to Hawaii (of course, BWI is a hub for them, so you're pretty limited in your other choices).

pluto77

Im surprised people have such negative thoughts of Southwest. I just booked a last minute trip for the 50th. Direct flights for 84 dollars each way. I only ever fly Southwest
Me too. I love Southwest. There are literally no extra fees. 2 free checked bags. There’s no charge for changing your flight. No charge for cancelling (even with the “wanna get away” you can cancel last minute and still get airline credit). No fees for seats, unless you want to be first to board, but it’s easy to get A boarding without paying extra if you check in 24 hours in advance. There customer service is also always great.

ToTBellHop

Me too. I love Southwest. There are literally no extra fees. 2 free checked bags. There’s no charge for changing your flight. No charge for cancelling (even with the “wanna get away” you can cancel last minute and still get airline credit). No fees for seats, unless you want to be first to board, but it’s easy to get A boarding without paying extra if you check in 24 hours in advance. There customer service is also always great.
They’ve had issues recently with dramatically changing their flight schedules. We had a direct flight on a Sunday. Changed to TWO connections with no other option so I had to move a day later. I wasn’t terribly pleased. And cancellations were widespread recently. In general, I’ve had good experiences though I prefer JetBlue. Better snackies.

ImperfectPixie

They’ve had issues recently with dramatically changing their flight schedules. We had a direct flight on a Sunday. Changed to TWO connections with no other option so I had to move a day later. I wasn’t terribly pleased. And cancellations were widespread recently. In general, I’ve had good experiences though I prefer JetBlue. Better snackies.
We've had nothing but fantastic experiences with JetBlue.

StarWarsGirl

And if you use points to book and you cancel, you get them back. It was such a plus during the pandemic. I booked everything on points, and then I ended up having to cancel some stuff, and they gave me everything back. Also they let you convert your credits to points during the pandemic, which was huge for flexibility. And they have so many flights out of my home airport, especially to MCO, it's like, "Oh, what time would I like to leave today? There's six different non-stop flights." Sometimes more.

Love them.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
There’s no charge for changing your flight. No charge for cancelling (even with the “wanna get away” you can cancel last minute and still get airline credit).

And if you use points to book and you cancel, you get them back.
I still like Southwest, but this is standard across pretty much all of the carriers now. Most of them rolled it out as a temporary thing due to COVID but then made it permanent.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom