News Walt Disney World increases hiring bonuses as high as $1500 and Job Fair at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort

JoeCamel

Now with an additional 3k if you reside 50 miles outside the Walt Disney World Resort area.

Sounds like you better pack a lunch, no one to prepare the food

Oh, I just realized it is the cupcake chef!!!!!
Chapek must be all a dither.....
Throw more money Bobby, more...

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Now with an additional 3k if you reside 50 miles outside the Walt Disney World Resort area.

And the landlord at your new “luxury” Orlando apartment just raised your rent $3000 when they figured out how far you drove…

…Florida rules!

Jrb1979

Since working for a major retail chain for over 10 years I see how crappy most companies are to their employees in regards to pay. The CEO of the company I work for, his mandate had been pay your employees well and they will want to work for you. There is a reason after 10 years I make almost $30 an hour and I am not in management.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Since working for a major retail chain for over 10 years I see how crappy most companies are to their employees in regards to pay. The CEO of the company I work for, his mandate had been pay your employees well and they will want to work for you. There is a reason after 10 years I make almost $30 an hour and I am not in management.
Aren’t you Canadian?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I will say they are one of the only companies that realize paying your employees well will keep them working for you. Bonuses do nothing. Pay more when $15 an hour and maybe CMs will come back
Disney - along with a lot of US companies - got ahead of that $15 an hour thing a few years back. That was reading the political tea leaves…most economists know that the labor system would collapse if they didn’t start trying to pull up the bottom of the barrel…

but they aren’t altruistic…and $15 in Orlando is still a significant problem for Disney. That’s above what they probably assumed it would be during the Iger years…and they surely don’t want to take it 25% more or higher. Hence the bonuses that are a minor nuisance to them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom