News Frontierland gets a new look as changes come to the boardwalk walkways including raised platforms

Bocabear

Could these be stages for coming entertainment...a way to stand slightly above the crowd for better visibility?

Goofyernmost

Also makes convenient spots for guests to sit and rest or carry their mobile ordered food and snacks over to sit and dine. Solves the problem of Disney not providing benches and tables. Wonder how many kids will hurt themselves jumping on and off the raised sites?
My first look, this came to mind... I hope they have a separate lawsuit fund to cover injuries to kids and adults that might stand and misstep off them. that pavement in front of them does not offer much of a cushion. I saw stacks of lumber in those pictures, does that mean that it is still being constructed?

dreamfinder

If they are replanting them, why not do it at the same time? It's not like they have a rather large tree farm/nursery over in the AK area or anything.....

peter11435

My first look, this came to mind... I hope they have a separate lawsuit fund to cover injuries to kids and adults that might stand and misstep off them. that pavement in front of them does not offer much of a cushion. I saw stacks of lumber in those pictures, does that mean that it is still being constructed?
Could these be stages for coming entertainment...a way to stand slightly above the crowd for better visibility?
Again. These raised platforms are not new. They have been there for decades. Nothing has changed except wood being replaced, one of the platforms becoming slightly smaller, and one tree being temporarily removed.

Goofyernmost

Again. These raised platforms are not new. They have been there for decades. Nothing has changed except wood being replaced, one of the platforms becoming slightly smaller, and one tree being temporarily removed.
You can say, "again" if you want, but I never saw that nor have I ever noticed that platform to be there in that way before. If it was then I guess they are just replacing it. I would have to wonder though, why the thread title was "Frontierland Gets A New Look" if it has always been there?

peter11435

You can say, "again" if you want, but I never saw that nor have I ever noticed that platform to be there in that way before. If it was then I guess they are just replacing it. I would have to wonder though, why the thread title was "Frontierland Gets A New Look" if it has always been there?
I just assume when people post in a thread they have read the posts in that thread.

The platforms have always been there. They are just replacing the deck around and behind them.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I just assume when people post in a thread they have read the posts in that thread.

The platforms have always been there. They are just replacing the deck around and behind them.
Evidence that you are correct from a Frontierland walkthrough done in early 2019.

2021-09-07_14-37-47.jpg

2021-09-07_14-40-03.jpg

Goofyernmost

Then it was a completely misleading headline. However, it doesn't matter, if it has always been there than there are no changes, just fixing old stuff which is good since they are always accused of never doing any maintenance. I do not always read entire threads depending on when I join in. You corrected me, I accepted that I was mistaken. Let's just move on.

UNCgolf

I almost mentioned that earlier -- thematically there probably shouldn't be any trees out there for the kind of Western town it's evoking.

But it's an instance where the positives of having trees there outweighs any thematic negatives.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom