News Scaffolding up at Walt Disney World's Splash Mountain

Sir_Cliff

More scaffolding is up on Splash

Splash-Mountain_Full_43717.jpg
Was that brown scaffolding with the lights and wires always there? Seems like pretty bad show.

No Name

Make it look nice on the outside, but just hope no one goes inside to see the hot mess of neglect that Splash has become.

I mean it is downright embarrassing how bad the quality of show is inside.

Honestly if they want it to look pretty for the 50th, just fix up the outside and close it down inside until it gets re-themed to whatever new IP garbage they want stick in there.

But I guess not to worry, it's down for technical issues so much these days that you won't even be able to ride it anyway.
“Hot mess of neglect”? :rolleyes: I didn’t notice a single thing not working when I was on it recently, and I can almost guarantee the average guest who isn’t on wdwmagic won’t. The ride is definitely not in any condition where it would be better closed.

Squishy

Was that brown scaffolding with the lights and wires always there? Seems like pretty bad show.
It's parade route lighting, it always goes up every Halloween-Christmas season for some odd reason it would cost them cheaper in the long run to finally install permanent ones instead of having to take them down and up every year but classic Disney not knowing how to budget things ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

91JLovesDisney

Make it look nice on the outside, but just hope no one goes inside to see the hot mess of neglect that Splash has become.

I mean it is downright embarrassing how bad the quality of show is inside.

Honestly if they want it to look pretty for the 50th, just fix up the outside and close it down inside until it gets re-themed to whatever new IP garbage they want stick in there.

But I guess not to worry, it's down for technical issues so much these days that you won't even be able to ride it anyway.
Could you have exaggerated any more?

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Could you have exaggerated any more?
Dozens of animatronics not working at all, multiple effects not working (rocking steam boat at the finale, laughing place water effects, and water jets for example), grime and filth along the ride path, blown out show lighting and audio.

But if your minimal standards for judging a ride are simply that the ride launched and got you back without breaking down and having to be evacuated, we’ll then I’ve got some disappointing news for you also.

Daveyploo

Dozens of animatronics not working at all, multiple effects not working (rocking steam boat at the finale, laughing place water effects, and water jets for example), grime and filth along the ride path, blown out show lighting and audio.

But if your minimal standards for judging a ride are simply that the ride launched and got you back without breaking down and having to be evacuated, we’ll then I’ve got some disappointing news for you also.

Wait, those animatronics are supposed to be moving??

But seriously, as others have pointed out, new people who haven't been to the parks before would probably think it's a wonderful ride, because they're ignorant about how it used to be/how it should be at peak performance. They notice not moving animatronics and think it's cool or interesting or fun, not "look how Disney doesn't care because this thing hasn't worked in years".

Like the Disco Yeti; they don't mind letting broken things continue being broken if it saves money, and it seems that customers don't either.

monothingie

Premium Member
Wait, those animatronics are supposed to be moving??

But seriously, as others have pointed out, new people who haven't been to the parks before would probably think it's a wonderful ride, because they're ignorant about how it used to be/how it should be at peak performance. They notice not moving animatronics and think it's cool or interesting or fun, not "look how Disney doesn't care because this thing hasn't worked in years".

Like the Disco Yeti; they don't mind letting broken things continue being broken if it saves money, and it seems that customers don't either.
Six Flags tickets and annual passes are a lot cheaper.

Kirby86

“Hot mess of neglect”? :rolleyes: I didn’t notice a single thing not working when I was on it recently, and I can almost guarantee the average guest who isn’t on wdwmagic won’t. The ride is definitely not in any condition where it would be better closed.
The 3 major things I noticed were the Brer Rabbit wasn't hopping on the way to the Laughing Place, he didn't say his lines while laughing at Brer Bear caught in the beehive, and the Riverboat wasn't swaying. If I was a first time rider the only thing to me that would be off was missing Brer rabbit hopping since the track points your vehicle to that show scene.

91JLovesDisney

-Nowhere near dozen, 4-5 at most
-They fixed the rocking showboat and laughingplace water last fall
-There might be grime, but it’s a log flume ride... what makes you think retheming it would stop grime from accumulating...

monothingie

Premium Member
-Nowhere near dozen, 4-5 at most
-They fixed the rocking showboat and laughingplace water last fall
-There might be grime, but it’s a log flume ride... what makes you think retheming it would stop grime from accumulating...
You’re just wrong.

There are 5 animatronics out on the show boat alone. Which as of August 2021 is not rocking.

The water effects at the Laughing place have been off for more than a year.

There hasn’t been a refurb since pre Covid. They are riding this thing out till it gets rethemed.

At what point does it become too embarrassing for Disney to have guests ride it?

monothingie

Premium Member
I was there first and second week of August. Saw it first hand. When where you there last?

Last edited by a moderator:

91JLovesDisney

The last refurbishment was Jan 6-Feb 27, 2020. There was no refurbishment in 2019. Historically there has been a 1-3 month closure every winter for the past 10 years.
WDWMagic didn’t report on it, I tried to link to Tom’s article but it was removed.

they did a quick refurb this past January and fixed the rocking showboat and the water effects in the Laughing Place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom