California Grill to debut new fixed price three course menu.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They pipe the music into California grill and on the outside deck.

“steakhouse 71” will be in the basement on the backside of the building
Questions for those who have eaten here before and the place before Steakhouse 71.

For the fireworks, do they have a place where they play the music for California Grill or Steakhouse 71?

Do you have to request window seating or does every table have a good view of MK?

I'm asking before I decide California Grill or Steakhouse 71. My group is leaning towards California Grill at the moment since it is everyone's (not mine) first time at the MK Resort area and will be going to MK the same weekend.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Open for booking.

Use the app. When you tap on find table, it will open a web browser window making you enter a queue, immediately switch back to the app to make your reservation without dealing with that.

Last edited:

flyakite

So I’m sitting here on the website waiting room, watching the Space Mountain animation. I thought it would automatically send me back to the app when it’s ready. I read the above comment again and realized, “I have to switch back!” Got my reservation. I can’t believe my first choice was still there after 45 minutes.

zapple

For those of you with a car, go to Ravenous Pig in Winter Park instead of this new garbage. We ate there last night and had a better meal and service than we’ve ever had at CG. It’s definitely worth the drive. Our total was $135 with tip (only one cocktail, I’m not much of a drinker.) If you get there before 10/17 you can do the magical dining menu for $37. I had that, husband got the smoked prime rib. Outstanding.

And if you don’t want to go that far, Bull and Bear is always a great experience. It will show you what good service is actually like.

JoeCamel

For those of you with a car, go to Ravenous Pig in Winter Park instead of this new garbage. We ate there last night and had a better meal and service than we’ve ever had at CG. It’s definitely worth the drive. Our total was $135 with tip (only one cocktail, I’m not much of a drinker.) If you get there before 10/17 you can do the magical dining menu for $37. I had that, husband got the smoked prime rib. Outstanding.

And if you don’t want to go that far, Bull and Bear is always a great experience. It will show you what good service is actually like.
Does it have fireworks?

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Are you sandbagging? Or course it doesn’t include alcohol…you want Bob to GIVE it away?’b

…can’t put a price on magic, baby…just like Boo Bash 👍🏻
Their 50th party includes alcohol. It was the first "desert party" where I was fairly certain I could suck down my admission's price worth of booze.

Questions for those who have eaten here before and the place before Steakhouse 71.

For the fireworks, do they have a place where they play the music for California Grill or Steakhouse 71?

Do you have to request window seating or does every table have a good view of MK?

I'm asking before I decide California Grill or Steakhouse 71. My group is leaning towards California Grill at the moment since it is everyone's (not mine) first time at the MK Resort area and will be going to MK the same weekend.
There is no such thing as a "good view" of the Magic Kingdom fireworks from the Contemporary. That angle sucks. The Magic Kingdom fireworks need to be viewed from due south, not 105 degrees east southeast.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Their 50th party includes alcohol. It was the first "desert party" where I was fairly certain I could suck down my admission's price worth of booze.

There is no such thing as a "good view" of the Magic Kingdom fireworks from the Contemporary. That angle sucks. The Magic Kingdom fireworks need to be viewed from due south, not 105 degrees east southeast.
…they prolly “run out” at the bar if they think you’re getting close 😉

and this 1000 times. The view at the top is off on the angles. Still neat…but of little “value”

but I’m not gonna stop the mature from flocking to it.

people know Topolino is on the “backside” and looks at caribbean,
Right?
spoiler Alert!!!

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
…they prolly “run out” at the bar if they think you’re getting close 😉

and this 1000 times. The view at the top is off on the angles. Still neat…but of little “value”

but I’m not gonna stop the mature from flocking to it.

people know Topolino is on the “backside” and looks at caribbean,
Right?
spoiler Alert!!!

Oh no, they'll have the same bitter prosecco and awful sangria . Both are telling as you can tell who is there to get blitzed off of free booze because they are the only ones drinking it.

Buried20KLeague

Where are you seeing that? I just looked at the Cali Grill main page and it seems to be the same wording as alway

Dress Code​

Guests are asked to adhere to the minimum dress code requirements at this Signature Dining experience. Dressier attire is also welcome. Please explore the minimum dress code requirements:

Men must wear khakis, slacks or dress shorts and collared shirts. Jeans may be worn if in good condition. Sport coats are optional.

Women must wear Capri pants, skirts, dresses or dress shorts. Jeans may be worn if in good condition.

Not permitted are tank tops, flip-flops, swimsuits, swimsuit cover-ups, hats for gentlemen, cut-offs, torn clothing and t-shirts with offensive language and/or graphics.

Chi84

Premium Member
I don't believe I've seen "must wear" used before. Maybe I'm wrong.
If I remember correctly, that language has always been used in the signature restaurant dress code. The problem is that "must wear" dressy attire is interpreted as "must have some sort of fabric covering one's nether parts."

Buried20KLeague

If I remember correctly, that language has always been used in the signature restaurant dress code. The problem is that "must wear" dressy attire is interpreted as "must have some sort of fabric covering one's nether parts."

I guess you're correct. I must have just never actually read what it says about dress code for other sigs I've eaten at. And I've surely never been confronted about anything I've worn... Which I'm CERTAIN has always been shorts. Long pants don't get packed for Disney trips.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Dress Code
Guests are asked to adhere to the minimum dress code requirements at this Signature Dining experience. Dressier attire is also welcome. Please explore the minimum dress code requirements:

Men must wear khakis, slacks or dress shorts and collared shirts. Jeans may be worn if in good condition. Sport coats are optional.

Women must wear Capri pants, skirts, dresses or dress shorts. Jeans may be worn if in good condition.

Not permitted are tank tops, flip-flops, swimsuits, swimsuit cover-ups, hats for gentlemen, cut-offs, torn clothing and t-shirts with offensive language and/or graphics.
Who do I call to formally protest the blanket ban on flip flops? These are "resort casual" and far nicer than the beat-to-hell New Balance sneakers that most men will wear into that dining room.

1632414947869.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom