News The Hall of Presidents opens in August with President Joe Biden

Prototype82

The show always brings a tear to my eye. It should always be about getting past differences and coming together. But boy did Disney avoid controversy like the plague... Trump should have been added to the modern presidents montage and Biden should've had his moment to give a speech about his vision of America as past sitting presidents have. Feels like they cheated both guys to keep from stirring the pot on both sides. That's kind of a bummer but it's understandable given the climate.(please no political replies.) Just glad the beautiful music score hasn't changed.

DisneyNick

Does anyone know if they've repurposed the same Audio Animatronic figure to be the current president? Seems like it could be the same figure since Clinton that gets reused and when they leave office they get a new limited motion AA?

Goofyernmost

Does anyone know if they've repurposed the same Audio Animatronic figure to be the current president? Seems like it could be the same figure since Clinton that gets reused and when they leave office they get a new limited motion AA?
Is it true that they do that? It seems it would be easier to just physically limit the motion of a complete existing AA then to start over. Besides it is more just the head that due to mouth movement is filled with additional motors, etc. So just a standard head with a new external face would suffice, but I have to admit that the Trump face looks more like him than the original did.

skypilot2922

They just started it a few years ago, I think with Clinton. It never should have been done that way to begin with. That is what would make it political. Using the oath of office makes it neutral. I approve! It would have been better without them but the oath is not harmful and a good reminder for the public.

As I've said I'd prefer no speech at all, However the oath of office I think is a appropriate choice as people expect the current president to speak now and it's good to remind people of the oath the President takes.

jmuboy

As I've said I'd prefer no speech at all, However the oath of office I think is a appropriate choice as people expect the current president to speak now and it's good to remind people of the oath the President takes.
Honestly- agree 100%. This current version I think allows for the storyline of the show to stay consistent as well. New President giving an oath is much more devoid of controversy and allows the shows message to shine for all.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Except for the arm positions. Right hand is supposed to be raised while taking an oath.

That said, I thought the Ray-Ban Aviators on the table beside Biden were a nice touch!
1628267998840.png

Last edited:

skypilot2922

Except for the arm positions. Right hand is supposed to be raised while taking an oath.

That said, I thought the Ray-Ban Aviators on the table beside Biden were a nice touch!

its an improvement and right now i’ll take any improvements at WDW and tag them in the win column

Goofyernmost

View attachment 577774
Well, he wasn't taking the oath of office in the show, he was merely reciting it. That said, I don't like the looks of someone that is just standing there with their arms straight down and hands opened up. It seems uncomfortable as well as unnatural. Biden strikes me as someone that would have at least one hand in his pocket. But that is a small point.

The Grand Inquisitor

I noticed none of these Disney vloggers covered the reopening of HOP. They always have the fear of missing out syndrome so they always want to be the first on everything happening in the parks.
I wonder if Tim Tracker might cover it. He covers a lot of the new parks stuff from Disney to Universal. He also covered the show in 2017 when former President Trump was added.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom