News 'Disney Enchantment' coming to Magic Kingdom October 1 2021

Splashin' Ryan

1624372978006.png

I knew the concept art reminded me of something! Feels very visually similar to SHDL

hpyhnt 1000

For some reason the phrase "Say hello to the new nighttime parade!" kept repeating in my head as I read about this. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the idea of extending the projections down Main Street and they could be a fun addition to fireworks shows or even during the holiday season, but it's no nighttime parade.* Hopefully Disney doesn't see this show as a replacement for one.

*I acknowledge a new nighttime parade for the 50th was never a guarantee.

dreday3

I don't think Disney could have fit more Chapek-approved meaningless buzzwords in that description if they had tried. Perhaps if they had alluded to the UNPRECEDENTED DEMAND for this new show.

"Immersive projections" :rolleyes:

Well, it seems projections do encompass the castle and then all the buildings down Main Street where the masses will be...immersive, no?

Extendable projections?

Surround-sound projections?

Castle Cake Apologist

Well, it seems projections do encompass the castle and then all the buildings down Main Street where the masses will be...immersive, no?

Extendable projections?

Surround-sound projections?

I mean sure, in the literal sense of the word. I'm more poking fun at their overuse of the word to describe virtually everything they produce now.

Not to mention the fact that they used to immerse their guests using physical media, not projections, which is what they seem to lean on pretty heavily lately. I think we all would much rather have been "immersed" in the magic of a new night parade. 🤷‍♂️

doctornick

This is cool, but the money (IMO) should have been spent on a new nighttime parade instead. HEA is still relatively new.

Exactly this. I'm happy with the idea of a new evening show - and think there should be one for the 50th - but HEA is newish enough that I think it would be okay to add a 50th tag to it. Using the money for this to build a new parade would have been much preferable IMHO because it would have added a new option, not just replaced something existing.

Family_Man

I have been dying to see HEA every since it came out. I've watched it on YouTube a bunch of times. Finally booked a trip for March 2022 and now it won't even be there :(
I'm sure this one will be amazing too but HEA was so perfect in my opinion.
HEA is fabulous. But the projections really made the prime viewing locations a very small window, especially with children. Hopefully the Main Street projections will open up good viewing locations, and hopefully they will be utilized with HEA returns.

gerarar

Premium Member
Not like it totally mattered, but with How Far I’ll Go and Go The Distance being used in Harmonius in Epcot, this is a way to remove them from MK’s nighttime show, HEA, where they are very present and key parts of the show.

Of course same songs being used in multiple shows across parks is not uncommon, but this just seemed like the likely route for now. Hope I’m wrong and HEA eventually does come back after the 50th.

Amidala

It would be cool if this show utilized music from some iconic MK attractions, like CoP, Mansion, CBJ, Tiki Room, etc. or even past shows like Wishes but I’m assuming it will stick to movies. Still exciting though! Any guesses on what songs will be featured? I really appreciated that HEA squeezed in some uncommon ones like Out There and Love is an Open Door (as opposed to Let it Go). Gonna be really sad to see that Moana segment go if this turns out to be permanent 😰

jrhwdw

Exactly this. I'm happy with the idea of a new evening show - and think there should be one for the 50th - but HEA is newish enough that I think it would be okay to add a 50th tag to it. Using the money for this to build a new parade would have been much preferable IMHO because it would have added a new option, not just replaced something existing.
I know different year and everything. We'll never know what the 50th Blue Prints were before COVID. Part of me feels a little safer with HEA and a 50th Tag???? Since HEA's been proven and we'd know what we would be getting. Now we have to wonder if this will be at the same level or top HEA? We were all a little worried before HEA opened, given the recent SW AGS and Bell, BAM!

On the other hand, if this is HEA's Team and they know how important the 50th is, even with COVID, we should be fine!

Animaniac93-98

"Disney Enchantment" follows the naming trend of fireworks shows set by "Disney Illuminations" in Paris.

It would be great if it were like "Disneyland Forever" or "Celebrate Tokyo Disneyland" and actually be about the park/resort, but if Disneyland's 60th was any indication, very little of all this anniversary stuff will actually have anything to do with WDW and just be an excuse for more Toy Story, Frozen, Star Wars etc. It's all about the brands.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom