News Disney KiteTails coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom October 1

spectromagic04

39AF983F-9ED0-48F2-BD11-C9D9CB054A33.png

At least the tree show comes back on October 1st!!

erasure fan1

Finally someone gets it… the covid excuse for everything this company has failed to do is getting old and old real fast.
In the grand scheme of things I doubt Disney is even using covid as an excuse. Publicly sure, but internally? I don't think it bothered them at all. It was a perfect out for them to cancel and reduce so much all while adding so many upcharges. All things they wanted to do, but with covid it gave them the opportunity to rip the band-aid off.

drizgirl

In the grand scheme of things I doubt Disney is even using covid as an excuse. Publicly sure, but internally? I don't think it bothered them at all. It was a perfect out for them to cancel and reduce so much all while adding so many upcharges. All things they wanted to do, but with covid it gave them the opportunity to rip the band-aid off.
Using the excuse publicly but not internally is the essence of using it as an excuse.

erasure fan1

Using the excuse publicly but not internally is the essence of using it as an excuse.
I think you missed the point. Yes they are making excuses, that's the PR spin. But people think the reason all this stuff happened or didn't happen is because of covid. It's not. Covid was the catalyst to implement everything. But they distract people with fake excuses like covid forced us. When in reality they are perfectly fine with how covid played out.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Without a doubt.

mdcpr

Looking at that video all I see is all the money they wasted building the amphitheater for Rivers of Light. It's PATHETIC to see only handful of people in the seats...Disney should be ashamed!
The Amphitheater was packed during River of Light--a show that some people did like. But this one, no need to be sitting to see the kites from somewhere else.

JoeCamel

The Amphitheater was packed during River of Light--a show that some people did like. But this one, no need to be sitting to see the kites from somewhere else.
I think that was a new offering that was moderately entertaining. 5 years on I doubt you would see many sticking around for it. As they say the show had no legs

gerarar

Premium Member
KiteTails had its last performance today and took its final bow, earlier than planned due to the upcoming closures of the parks. Must be bittersweet and sad for the CMs working this show. Since they were 3rd party, their contracted jobs are essentially done now.

"This afternoon at 3:10pm, kites filled the skies of the Discovery River Amphitheater for the final time. Disney KiteTails was originally scheduled to end on September 30th but had its final performance this afternoon instead. Cast Members and managers made an announcement to guests in attendance that it would be the final show and the skilled performers took a 'final bow' after the show by taking one final lap around the lake."

kitetails-final-performance-09272022-11-1068x712.jpg

kitetails-final-performance-09272022-12-1068x601.jpg

kitetails-final-performance-09272022-15-1068x601.jpg

kitetails-final-performance-09272022-9-1068x712.jpg

pdude81

IDK I kinda liked kitetails, for what it was. Reminded me of 90's disney charm. But I guess that doesn't really translate well into a long term show...
Kitetails was cute and fun. But since it didn't work super well with selling G+ to the crappy side of the "stadium" they killed it. I personally would assume they'd just install some infrastructure on the other side for G+ and work out the kinks.

brb1006

I forgot that Kitatails is closing in a few days.... really tells you how WDW's 50th Anniversary offerings was executed.

Here's a live look at WDW's 50th Anniversary Campaign as it's getting closer to it's conclusion.

Spongebob Laughing = Iger/Chapek

What a complete joke WDW's 50th Anniversary Celebration turned out to be compared to Disneyland's 50th and 60th Anniversaries.

Disney's 100th Anniversary ("100 Years of Wonder") starting next year better make up for this.
Screen-Shot-2021-11-20-at-9.24.12-AM-1024x548.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom