Boardwalk Inn - Reopens July 2nd

nickys

Premium Member
Original Poster
Just updated today, Boardwalk Inn will re-open on July 2nd

Disney Resort Hotels Scheduled to Reopen—and Currently Accepting Reservations
We plan to open the following Disney Resort hotels to booked Guests on the following dates. These Disney Resort hotels are currently accepting reservations.

May 30, 2021. Disney’s Beach Club Resort|
June 6, 2021. Disney’s Wilderness Lodge|
July 2, 2021. Disney’s BoardWalk Inn|
Late July 2021. Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort|

https://www.disneyworld.co.uk/experience-updates/resorts/

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
The DVC side is one of the smallest on property I think.

Checking on Touring Plans, there are 576 regular rooms at the Beach Club and a total of 272 DVC studios, 1-beds & 2-beds in the Villas building.
Yeah I'm not sure where I got that from. It was very specific in my head, too. I thought "Yacht Club and Beach Club are sister resorts because Yacht Club has the standard rooms and Beach Club has the villas."

Obviously not.

nickys

Premium Member
Original Poster
Yeah I'm not sure where I got that from. It was very specific in my head, too. I thought "Yacht Club and Beach Club are sister resorts because Yacht Club has the standard rooms and Beach Club has the villas."

Obviously not.
Well that is true, just not the full picture.

ParentsOf4

The DVC side is one of the smallest on property I think.

Checking on Touring Plans, there are 576 regular rooms at the Beach Club and a total of 272 DVC studios, 1-beds & 2-beds in the Villas building.
VGF has fewer rooms, 147.

Reopening at resorts with associated DVCs costs Disney less and have higher margins.

It’s my understanding that, legally, Disney was required to reopen its timeshares after the state’s emergency order closing them was lifted. It’s why you saw the DVCs reopen first.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
It’s my understanding that, legally, Disney was required to reopen its timeshares after the state’s emergency order closing them was lifted. It’s why you saw the DVCs reopen first.
Interesting, I didn't think that was a legal requirement. I thought it was more of an "oh crap we have this points glut that is going to be a tremendous problem for at least three years and we need a pressure-release valve immediately."

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member

Reopening at resorts with associated DVCs costs Disney less and have higher margins.

Disney has made it abundantly clear that they want to cater to the type of guests who stay at deluxe resorts.

nickys

Premium Member
Original Poster

Yes, they had no choice but to reopen the DVC resorts.

nickys

Premium Member
Original Poster
Interesting, I didn't think that was a legal requirement. I thought it was more of an "oh crap we have this points glut that is going to be a tremendous problem for at least three years and we need a pressure-release valve immediately."
I think they legally had no choice. Timeshare laws are very specific and there would have been a legal challenge if they hadn’t have done so.

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
They also put a 50% cap on borrowing DVC points from your next years allotment. It is still in place. They need for all the DVC members to use up their banked and current Use Year points with giving them the ability to borrow some to make a trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom