Facial Recognition Testing

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Disney surveying Magic Kingdom facial recognition participants​

MyMagicPlus_Full_41446.jpg

Walt d

Is the camera able to read your face at any height? That maybe a silly question but I’m not sure how exactly it reads your face.
Its a good time to add prosthetics to your face and change it for the Picture just like Halloween eyeglasses big fake nose sideburns. Its limitless scars. You could have fun with it and make there Secret photo all wacky.. then next time the Computer will explode trying to figure it out!

Dr.GrantSeeker

Do we actually expect this to become a normal aspect of going to WDW? I know they did this in DL, but wasn't sure if we should expect this in the swamps anytime soon.

TrainsOfDisney

So apparently Universal Orlando is rolling out facial recognition technology similar to this now. I’m curious if WDW will circle back on it as a result.
Especially in Florida, but all over the USA people are becoming way more alert to surveillance. I don’t think everyone will be willing to opt in. I know I’ve opted out of it at TSA check points where it’s in “testing”.

GimpYancIent

Old tech now. Facial recognition tech is used at airports, other public transport, banks and other places globally. All without the public giving consent, people think they are not being observed, recorded and imaged but yeah. Disney is behind the power curve if the intention is to use it.

_caleb

Old tech now. Facial recognition tech is used at airports, other public transport, banks and other places globally. All without the public giving consent, people think they are not being observed, recorded and imaged but yeah. Disney is behind the power curve if the intention is to use it.
Hasn't Disney been using facial recognition tech for a long time now (just not to match identity for entry)?

TrainsOfDisney

Hasn't Disney been using facial recognition tech for a long time now (just not to match identity for entry)?
I know they do at Disneyland, the CM told me she had to check my id and said it was probably because the camera didn’t match me - she said it was common for people who had initial pictures made with a mask on.

So perhaps they have some weird legal thing where they already have permission to do whatever they are doing already, so they don’t want to draw attention to it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom