Masks and Social Distancing Go Away in WDW

When Masks and Social Distancing will go away in USA?

• Summer 2021

Votes: 45 10.5%
  • Fall/Winter 2021

Votes: 123 28.7%

Votes: 228 53.1%

Votes: 20 4.7%

Votes: 6 1.4%

Votes: 7 1.6%

• Total voters

DisneyFan32

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
As many people is getting vaccianting in US by July, will there will be back to normal soon as masks and social distancing will go away for good in WDW?

Last edited:

CJR

Just verifying, do you mean go away for good in the poll or do you mean when will they begin to go away? It won't be overnight. I think masks to various extents will be around through the beginning of next year. It depends how vaccines go for all age groups.

We're already seeing things get rolled back from no masks in small groups of vaccinated individuals to a soon to be country wide reduction in social distancing (to three feet). I'd expect gradual changes like these to occur over the year, with some modifications in the fall.

DisneyFan32

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
, there will be CDC guideline changing maybe masks and social distancing may lift for good in USA and WDW/Disneyland sure. Summer 2021 will be much better soon.

Giss Neric

I'm totally okay with wearing masks throughout this year as it has become second nature to me BUT I do hope they lessen the restrictions when it comes to social distancing even though I don't even think it's being implemented efficiently now.

With more and more people getting vaccinated, lesser percentage of transmission. It's cause of social distancing that there are no entertainment, shows, meet and greets and especially fireworks. Just continue the mask rule but increase capacity and bring back what they discontinued.

CntrlFlPete

We don't know about that until by July 4th as President Biden projected, there will be CDC guideline changing maybe masks and social distancing may lift for good in USA and WDW/Disneyland sure. Summer 2021 will be much better soon.

Have you ever stayed on site at Disney? Ever been lucky to catch the Flu or a stomach flu while visiting? Mask are reducing things like that as well, well Disney does not currently have the cruise ship visitors so that might be a part their reduction, anyway, I doubt they would change the mask rules this year.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
For those of you being ok wearing masks...ever done it in Florida, in the humid summer, when you can’t remove it unless you’re sitting down eating somewhere? It’s not as easy as wearing it indoors or when you are able to remove it more often

Yes. I spent 15 days in early August 2020 at WDW and wore my mask faithfully and correctly. While I would have loved not to be wearing the mask, I was more than happy to wear it in order to be in WDW. Was it uncomfortable sometimes? Yes but again it was had to happen in order to be there so I got used to it.

spock8113

That dreaded word: "variants". A lot more people will need to be vaccinated before the numbers and spread come down.
Then there are the important questions of: 1) how long do immunities from the vaccine last and...............2) Will boosters be required once the vaccine effectiveness and longevity are finally determined.
I voted late of 2021 but reality is probably 2022 but after the winter flu season.
It is JUST a mask for everyone's sake, you know, do unto others.

Count on masks for a very, very long time. Social Distancing is being very "casually" reinforced even now at WDW, more casually this past January when we were there then even the preceding October, our previous visit. The virus is a long way from being beaten. Don't kid yourselves. Whatever your beliefs, you are entitled to them, but whatever rules WDW puts down, you'll need to follow them. I go three times a year with my grandkids and have no problem following their rules and I feel very safe at WDW. I wore gas masks in the Army and wearing these cloth masks in humid weather are a piece of cake, but tough on others. I can see the hardships on some others. There are some places to de-mask now, but there should be more for those who have a medical issue. It's anybody's guess at this point, but I'd plan on masks and social distancing for the foreseeable future. One outbreak, and it's all over. It'll be closed again. Don't chance it. The point is, no one really knows yet what we should or shouldn't be doing. The CDC is constantly changing their guidance and they're supposedly the experts. Your political and/or religious views might be challenged when you get there; just be aware of that and I think you should be prepared to deal with it accordingly. Offer resistance, and you're outta there. I saw quite a few people led out of the parks in January - and not so politely - who wouldn't mask, cover their noses, or social distance, and there wasn't a person who objected when they were led out. Some people applauded. Just my opinion and also basing it on what I've seen recently and have reported back to me by family or friends who've gone more recently. I'm not going to respond to any political or religious comments - I couldn't care less - it's the rules and if you play by them, fine. If not, be prepared for some unpleasantness. Just being realistic.

Drummermom

Disney spent too much money on plexiglass to just remove it. I think it is going to stay for a while, at least that is what my travel agent thinks. As for masking, I am a retired RN volunteering to give vaccines. We have been giving to all over 18, no restrictions here. This spring break week has been crickets. There is a significant portion of the population, specifically millennials who will not vaccinate for one reason or another. Anti vacc videos with misinformation going around. Husband is a doc who works with Covid patients. We went to Disney in October, had no issue wearing masks. But there were very few "mask police" around then. We saw about 75% compliance I would say as for correct mask wearing. And the crowds were massive. It was a great getaway though. Kids are there now having a blast for their spring break. The pictures show cute masks and what I think are smiles! We did masks all last summer in 100 degree Texas through no electricity after 4 hurricanes. We can tolerate Disney.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
For those of you being ok wearing masks...ever done it in Florida, in the humid summer, when you can’t remove it unless you’re sitting down eating somewhere? It’s not as easy as wearing it indoors or when you are able to remove it more often

I live in Florida. I've been wearing a mask when I leave my house since March 2020. And that included a trip to WDW in September 2020 and January 2021. I don't have a problem wearing a mask.

Edit: 2020, not 2019. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Last edited:

Chi84

Premium Member
I live in Florida. I've been wearing a mask when I leave my house since March 2019. And that included a trip to WDW in September 2020 and January 2021. I don't have a problem wearing a mask.
Do you know if there's a map online that shows where the mask relief areas are located? If not, can you report what you observed as to how many there are and where they're located? If not, I can ask elsewhere. Thanks.

Do you know if there's a map online that shows where the mask relief areas are located? If not, can you report what you observed as to how many there are and where they're located? If not, I can ask elsewhere. Thanks.
Yes, I agree with one of the blogs above that in some places the mask and Social Distancing rules are being very casually enforced and that's probably where the "relief areas" were. They're probably just places where people are slinking off and taking their stuff off. I saw one by the Peter Pan exit to the right where the wall recedes. Also, by the left hand walkway around the castle (looking up at the castle from the front) just past the little food stand. Also, by the Pirates of the Caribbean ride, there were any number of places - over by the steps across the way from the ride, and to the right of the ride along the walls. Also, by the rest rooms where the Skybuckets used to be over by It's A Small World, over by the river overlook by the restrooms of the restaurant past Splash Mountain, and at the restrooms that connect Frontierland with Adventureland. Rules were very lax almost all over Hollywood Studios. Again, they didn't impress me as official areas, but just where people were finding they were able to remove their masks. None of the people I saw seemed to have a medical issue. Also, almost all the Fantasyland rides were uniformly lax in enforcing SociaL D, ESPECIALLY "....Small World" and "Peter Pan"... it was really pretty disappointing. Most of the employees just looked too tired of either being "beat up" on the restrictions, or they just didn't care...As I said earlier though, the really blatant offenders, with groups of people, were mostly led out...of course, in Peter Pan, I saw one cast member who made like he didn't see the offense from a group of teenage or early 20s young men, and he just turned away and walked away....a tough task for the cast members being a "COVID COP"...he definitely needed reinforcements and someone who looked like they could "take care" of themselves...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom