News Disney MagicMobile Service coming soon beginning with Apple devices

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I plan to use Google Pay while I'm there. I admittedly don't use it much - I have my card I want to use and then the Magic Mobile cards linked to G-pay.

When I go to check out- do I just tap the credit card I want to use in g-pay and pay?
You don't have to touch anything if the card you want to use is your default card. Just open the app.

Screenshot_20211003-161823_Google Play services.jpg

I can swipe to change card, or click on the "Walt Disney World" pass to use my phone like a MagicBand.

ItsBilly

You don't have to touch anything if the card you want to use is your default card. Just open the app.

View attachment 590888

I can swipe to change card, or click on the "Walt Disney World" pass to use my phone like a MagicBand.
You never need to open the Google Pay app. To ensure that the MagicMobile pass is transmitted, don't unlock your phone. Just have the screen on and phone locked. Payment cards need the phone to be unlocked, but again, you still don't need to open the app unless you're paying with a card other than your default.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
You never need to open the Google Pay app. To ensure that the MagicMobile pass is transmitted, don't unlock your phone. Just have the screen on and phone locked. Payment cards need the phone to be unlocked, but again, you still don't need to open the app unless you're paying with a card other than your default.

I read the post I was responding to as if she wanted to use Google Pay to pay with a credit card, not MM.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Addition to MagicMobile -

"NEW: Charge food and merchandise purchases to the payment card on file at your Disney Resort hotel room during your stay"

Disstevefan1

"NEW: Charge food and merchandise purchases to the payment card on file at your Disney Resort hotel room during your stay"

I wish the card on file could be a rewards card of a gift card or some sort of reloadable card, not tied to any account.

dreday3

Since this was bumped...

I never was able to add Google Pay when paying with mobile order, but just used one of my credit cards and it charged card directly.

I was able to use Google Pay directly at stores/kiosks, but ONLY after I removed the magic mobile cards from my G-pay! Whenever I tried to pay, it kept automatically defaulting to the magic mobile card and not the card I wanted to use attached to G-pay. A lot of people were having that issue and cast members told me just to remove magic mobile card if not using (which I wasn't).

donsullivan

Premium Member
Since this was bumped...

I never was able to add Google Pay when paying with mobile order, but just used one of my credit cards and it charged card directly.

I was able to use Google Pay directly at stores/kiosks, but ONLY after I removed the magic mobile cards from my G-pay! Whenever I tried to pay, it kept automatically defaulting to the magic mobile card and not the card I wanted to use attached to G-pay. A lot of people were having that issue and cast members told me just to remove magic mobile card if not using (which I wasn't).
I have a friend who described the same issue ( I use iPhone). It seems the issue is you need to manually trigger Google Pay first and then tap the payment point. If you don’t do that MagicMobile intercepts the RFID read so Google Pay never sees it. I have to do exactly the same thing on iPhone or Watch I just double tap the watch button to trigger ApplePay and it works fine.

nickys

Premium Member

So does this charge direct to the card on file, or is it charging back to the room like when buying merchandise?

dreday3

I have a friend who described the same issue ( I use iPhone). It seems the issue is you need to manually trigger Google Pay first and then tap the payment point. If you don’t do that MagicMobile intercepts the RFID read so Google Pay never sees it. I have to do exactly the same thing on iPhone or Watch I just double tap the watch button to trigger ApplePay and it works fine.

We were trying everything at food/wine - finally the CM just told me to remove it for fear of the angry mob forming behind me in line! 🤣

JeffH

I wish the card on file could be a rewards card of a gift card or some sort of reloadable card, not tied to any account.

You can now use a reloadable card (like a 5% discounted Target Disney gift card or your Disney Visa rewards card) to pay off your resort bill and now get that 5% (or more with the Sam's black Friday gift card deal) ALL your purchases in addition to your resort bill.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom