The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Last edited:

Disneyson

1. I know "I should be glad that we get anything", but does it not sting for anyone else when they discuss "classic rides" as a major selling point for the anniversary, and (obviously, for good reason) not parades or fireworks? It's very hard to get excited about this.

2. I'm liking the tease of Cinderella Castle. A lot.

3. I wonder if the Tree of Life and Spaceship Earth are going to be getting actual LED/Strobe/Fiber Optic effects as it seems, or if that's just artist rendering? I know that somewhere in the past 229 pages they discussed a proposed overhaul of SSE's facade but that it was nixed - was it saved (perhaps at the cost of a parade or firework enhancement)?

4. I would rather see the Chinese Theatre light up in Instagram Purple Wall than Tower. It just really feels incongruent with the derelict, several-people-turned-into-ghosts-here theme of the attraction.

5. The costumes look wonderful, very DLP!

doctornick

1. I know "I should be glad that we get anything", but does it not sting for anyone else when they discuss "classic rides" as a major selling point for the anniversary, and (obviously, for good reason) not parades or fireworks? It's very hard to get excited about this.

2. I'm liking the tease of Cinderella Castle. A lot.

3. I wonder if the Tree of Life and Spaceship Earth are going to be getting actual LED/Strobe/Fiber Optic effects as it seems, or if that's just artist rendering? I know that somewhere in the past 229 pages they discussed a proposed overhaul of SSE's facade but that it was nixed - was it saved (perhaps at the cost of a parade or firework enhancement)?

4. I would rather see the Chinese Theatre light up in Instagram Purple Wall than Tower. It just really feels incongruent with the derelict, several-people-turned-into-ghosts-here theme of the attraction.

5. The costumes look wonderful, very DLP!
Re:#3 doing some sort of smaller but frequent projection show on the icons (think like Awakenings) would be better for crowd control than one or two big shows each night

wbostic12

In the Parks
No
I’m curious how the gold on the castle will look compared to the happiest celebration on earth overlay. I just hope that they do at least something to Chinese Theatre.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom