Rumor 40% Capacity Soon? What if I Told You That We’re Already There

tlking88

They aren’t enforcing the masks all that much anymore. Yes the constantly remind them but not enforce. Sat by a group on CoP at MK last Monday and two constantly had masks off, same whole walking throughout the park, children older than 2 running with no mask, the half mask things going on... Epcot wasn’t so bad and AK weren’t as bad, but people cutting lines was a real thing for waits outside the buildings that crossed walkways... also there isn’t much social distancing anymore. Big groups fill the 6 ft markers and the next group just doesn’t give space... I was waiting in line at Sleepy Hollow last Monday keeping six feet and had a gentleman come up to me and ask if I was in line because I was on the next marker and had his group were to close for comfort so I stepped to the side...

it wasn’t horrible but wasn’t as wonderful and enforced as it was last July...

Miss Bella

I mean....opening a slew of atteactions in (for Disney standards) a very short order in the smallest park on property without increasing much if any actual capacity (i mean in the context of pathways etc) is bound to go over well....couple that with a lottery for the latest in that slew of attractions and there you have it.

To be fair studios needed the love but they should have forseen some of this even minus covid alot better. This is the company that had no idea people like shade when they wait in line remember 🤣🤣
Tell me about it. I was there in August. It was brutal.

ParentsOf4

We just returned from (1/24-1/30). I didn't have the same experience as the other poster. There were certain places where the walkways were crowded. However, the waits were short and constantly moving across all 4 parks we visited. We found the wait times to all be inflated; most significantly inflated. I also saw near 100% mask compliance - everywhere.
They aren’t enforcing the masks all that much anymore. Yes the constantly remind them but not enforce. Sat by a group on CoP at MK last Monday and two constantly had masks off, same whole walking throughout the park, children older than 2 running with no mask, the half mask things going on... Epcot wasn’t so bad and AK weren’t as bad, but people cutting lines was a real thing for waits outside the buildings that crossed walkways... also there isn’t much social distancing anymore. Big groups fill the 6 ft markers and the next group just doesn’t give space... I was waiting in line at Sleepy Hollow last Monday keeping six feet and had a gentleman come up to me and ask if I was in line because I was on the next marker and had his group were to close for comfort so I stepped to the side...

it wasn’t horrible but wasn’t as wonderful and enforced as it was last July...
Last week (week of January 21, 2021), we finished our fifth onsite stay since WDW reopened.

Although still strong, I noticed an appreciable decline in mask compliance. Probably more than 99% of people were wearing masks correctly last week. However, on previous trips, it felt like it was 99.9% (or even 99.99%). Several were walking about with masks not covering their noises. A handful were walking about eating or drinking. COVID fatigue has set in everywhere.

Crowds in late January felt a bit lighter than what we experienced in November and December, and roughly the same as what we experienced in late September.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

zengoth

Not sure how Disney calculates its capacity on a per space basis, but it doesn't seem consistent (to me at least). At EPCOT this past weekend, the winding line to get into the Mexican pavillion meant the place was able to maintain a comfortable distance between people once inside; contrast to MouseGear - and despite waiting in line to enter the store - once inside, it was a wall-to-wall crowd with nowhere to hide. Overall for a Saturday during an art festival, the crowd wasn't too bad (EPCOT didn't open until eleven).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom